Flexplate cover bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Anybody know the bolt size for the cover on a TH400? Ive seen 1/4 x 20

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I think the holes are tapped to accept 3/8" - 16 bolts. But, that may only be true of TH400's that are part of an original 4WD drive train. I have installed TH400's that originally came from 2WD applications and the holes needed to be drilled and tapped - also I seem to recall that there were only 4 bolt holes.

I was walking by my truck earlier today and stuck my index finger tip in the hole on the transmission - it felt like 3/8". Not very accurate, but check this image:

You must be registered for see images attach

Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think the holes are tapped to accept 3/8" - 16 bolts. But, that may only be true of TH400's that are part of an original 4WD drive train. I have installed TH400's that originally came from 2WD applications and the holes needed to be drilled and tapped - also I seem to recall that there were only 4 bolt holes.

I was walking by my truck earlier today and stuck my index finger tip in the hole on the transmission - it felt like 3/8". Not very accurate, but check this image:

You must be registered for see images attach
The 4wd thing may explain it. They definitely felt bigger than 1/4 to me as well and everything i kept finding said 1/4. That was several Car forums unfortunately and only one truck forum did I find that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky