First time replacing intake manifold gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnswie

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hopefully you didn't drop anything inside. I can't imagine a tick from an intake change. Check your plug wires and distributor cap is on correctly.
Yeah I was pretty careful to tape off the carb port once I had it on. Maybe it’s more like a knock? Feel like it has something to do with distributor, plugs or carb..

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Yeah I was pretty careful to tape off the carb port once I had it on. Maybe it’s more like a knock? Feel like it has something to do with distributor, plugs or carb..
My engine developed a noticeable tick, and I used an engine stethoscope to determine which cylinder. Pulled the valve cover and it turned out to be a polylock on the rocker that loosened up and it was the pushrod rattling.

Sometimes a very small exhaust leak can also sound like a tick. Check the bolts holding the header pipes to the exhaust manifold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod