Factory Style Seatbelts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1980 Short

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Are you sure you mounted the "L" bracket correctly? I had the LMC belts in my '79 and had no issues getting the seat to go flush with the back of the cab. The retractors were a tight fit. I think I had to cant the driver's side just a bit to clear the seat.

@Craig, thanks for the answer, Not sure going to play around with later or over the weekend. The factory hole is about 4inches forward of the bulkhead. I'll post some photos if it all goes wrong (or right) again.. Did you use one bolt for both the retractor and the bottom part of the seatbelt? - That looks like the only way to get it done with factory holes...

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205

1980 Short

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
After you replied, I can't recall if I purchased the belts at LMC or Seat Belts Plus. I think it was Seat Belts Plus. Here's are a couple of links to their belts and the install instructions. They have a couple of photos on them.

http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/CHT7387-BEN.html

http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/mm5/images/Downloads/1973-87%20Chevy%20Truck.pdf[/

Craig, thank you! I think I see what I may have done wrong in one of the photos, mine are LMC but they look substantially the same.. THANK YOU!!:party36:

calredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kerch
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I plan to have a shoe repair shop shorten the inner belts (the ones that feed down thru the seat) so the buckles sit down lower. Also just got a pair of rigid sleeves to keep the belts from sliding through the seat. Gonna work on it today!
Were did you get rigid sleeves?

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
Hmmm. My local upholstery supplier has tons of gm, ford and Chrysler seatbelts. Only ones hard to find are red.

I just picked up three gray lapbelts. I paid $20 for each set. My experience with LMC..... $$$$$$$

Can you tell us who your upholstery shop is? I need grey rear seat lap belts for a 1988 K5 and would like to contact them to see if they can hook me up. Thanks.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Can you tell us who your upholstery shop is? I need grey rear seat lap belts for a 1988 K5 and would like to contact them to see if they can hook me up. Thanks.
You might want to go back, and re-read post #10 in this thread.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI

My local shop that I purchased the seatbelts from is called Tempe Sales...located in Tempe , Az.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20