Factory Seats; Why do they suck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
1994 Suburban K2500 Custom Mark III Leather's, are the wide version and super comfortable...
Sitting on one here at my computer.

Everything newer, is made for people with a narrow rear. The back rest crushes against the side of your rib cage... and I'm not a wide body...

You could recline and sleep like your dad's old favorite chair... on any authorized rest area and sleep well, if you can find a set of these.

Bolted this one to a deep North Carolina Club Chair base, after removing all the crappy old padding and rotten fabric. Slab of plywood and a few long stainless screws and Elmer's... There must have been a couple gallons of good whisky dumped on the wood chair frames before they showed up here.

This Rock Maple Wood base was made before Boric Acid was sprayed all over everything for fire retardant... Same with the 1994 seats.
You must be registered for see images attach

Time to stitch up the leather... It was ripped before found them...
The 2 front Mark III seats just like this one, are in my 87' Blazer...

Deleted the power module seat controls and made my own base for the fronts. This one in the picture, is from the right second row...

$1000 leather chair... $200 cot.
(It's important to know when and where to spend the big bucks).
Lil' Obenauf's LP and it's smooth...

The newer seats look great, but you are missing out on the real quality, until you sit in one of these Mark III's...

The leather seat is an official GM Upgrade for the Custom Shop Mark III Burban... Came with the Multimedia and Long Distance Travel Package...TV's, back seat environment controls, DVD player... the whole nine yards back then...

Pulled the GM Mahogany side boards from the seat bases too.
Have plans to glue lam a few slabs of pine for several solid body guitars, very soon...
(The species of wood they used, is probably illegal to import anymore...)

Here at the ranch, we settle for only the very best in GM Seats or Guitars!

Last edited:

Ulf Ingelsson

Reaction score
First Name
Ulf
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverrado
Engine Size
Personally I like the bench seat for many reasons. If I would go for separate seats I would try to find Volvo electric controlled seats from early 2000. Really comfy seats. If you are lucky enough they are in full leather.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I remember sitting in the Oldsmobile Bravada SUV when they were at the new car show, probably 20 years ago or more. The buckets were VERY comfortable, and full black leather. I wanted to take them home... without the rest of the car!

Fastduramax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Holy $hit I've come to idolize RanchWelder that might be the koolest seat ever, I'm gonna do my best to top it !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD