Exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catfish26kc

Reaction score
First Name
Joe knight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Gmc sierra classic c2500
Engine Size
I’ve finally got my truck going smooth now, moving on to other things. Does anyone know if there is options on changing my dual exhaust from the muffler back to to run out the back instead of behind you he tires?

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Any decent muffler/exhaust shop should be able to do pretty much anything you want.

I know we are all individuals and we all like different things...but why would you want to do that?

Many years ago there was a trend/fad to run large, chrome, slash tips straight out the back under the rear bumper. I was all set to go have a set put on my truck. My Dad asked me, "Son do you still intend to pull trailers with this truck? Do you usually kill the engine when you are connecting or disconnecting the trailer? What sort of IDIOT would want to breathe the exhaust fumes blowing out right into his face the whole time he is dealing with his trailer connections?"

Suddenly those chrome tips under the bumper didn't look quite as cool to me.

Catfish26kc

Reaction score
First Name
Joe knight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Gmc sierra classic c2500
Engine Size
1st reason, my truck very little rust. I’d prefer to not have the exhaust running up my bed side. I like it running out the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76