Evil Crew Cab - Suspension Time! HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evil Crew Cab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 CC SRW Conversion
Engine Size
454 TBI/4L80E/NP205/D60/Gen 2 14BFF
So, now that the interior is winding down and nearly complete, it's time to focus on suspension. I haven't built one of the square body trucks in a while and I know things have changed and there are more options...so I will lay it out in order...

The truck is a 1987 V30 Crew Cab

1. Front Springs - 6" with poly bushings, not too stiff, what are the best options in a matched pair?

2. Rear Springs - the truck comes stock with 9 active leafs and my truck has a single passive leaf for overload. I have two ideas for what I want to do, keeping in mind I will tow up to 15,000lbs. with the truck. I will not do ANY sort of shackle flip.

Option 1 (My favorite choice) - Build a new 9 active leaf pack with 5 leafs on a passive overload arched to give about 3" of lift and use a 2-3" block for the rest of the lift to match the front.

Option 2 - build a 7-8 leaf actie pack for soft ride and then use a heavy duty load leveling air bag setup for the overload.

3. Shocks - I have been considering the Pro Comp MX 2.0's, but is there a better choice? The price doesn't scare me, I simply want the best option out there!

4. I already have WFO Concepts putting together my crossover steering system with manually adjustable king pin plates and a new PSC 2WD box, I have the SRW front hub/rotor assemblies and new Warn Premium Lockouts, am I missing anything up front?

5. Front Sway Bar - We are building our own sway bar end links to level the bar out once I lift it, this will correct the misaligned angles and vastly increase the effectiveness of the bar. Poly Bushings will be used.

6. Rear Sway Bar - Who makes rear bar kits for our trucks? Who makes the best?

My Trailblazer had $2,200 worth of KW Suspension under it and more than $3,000 worth of hand fabricated custom parts throughout thee suspension so I'm not afraid to spend the money on good parts.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

Cowboy Cadillac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would use air bags for load leveling and a softer ride when not trailering. Good quality sway bars are available from several companies but you would probably have to make custom length links due to lift. IIRC some 1 ton duallys had rear sway bars from factory.

Evil Crew Cab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 CC SRW Conversion
Engine Size
454 TBI/4L80E/NP205/D60/Gen 2 14BFF
No other comments? (crickets)

Latest posts