Engine Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashton84W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah. I'll do that tomorrow. I can tell its loose bc the belt is slipping from a lack of tension. Lets just hope it's defiantly not stripped out. Another question, I have a few grounds missing from the motor and there used to be one attached to the alternator bracket but it was cut. Is there any specific area that that ground goes to on the block? How could this affect me? Keep in mind, everything I know about cars I have learned from the world wide interweb. Thanks in advance.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Yeah. I'll do that tomorrow. I can tell its loose bc the belt is slipping from a lack of tension. Lets just hope it's defiantly not stripped out. Another question, I have a few grounds missing from the motor and there used to be one attached to the alternator bracket but it was cut. Is there any specific area that that ground goes to on the block? How could this affect me? Keep in mind, everything I know about cars I have learned from the world wide interweb. Thanks in advance.

Here is a little pic for you. The "view A" is what you should see. There may be some additional ones to the core support and frame but this is a good start.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 57

Ashton84W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thank you. I'll have to go in depth and look at all my groundings. But first I have to do a major pressure washing/cleaning of not only the truck itself but also of the undercarriage and the engine bay. Yay, that'll be fun. One of the PO's had removed a lot of things within the engine bay and when they swapped in the 350, they didn't cut the wiring harness so there is so many unused wires and plugs in that are just dangling around. It's a complete maze in there and under the dash. I guess I'll just have to go through this one step at a time. Lol

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Here is a little pic for you. The "view A" is what you should see. There may be some additional ones to the core support and frame but this is a good start.

Yo, might want to try posting bigger pics like this one!

Attachments

• 80s_chevy_truck_battery_cables.jpg
    80s_chevy_truck_battery_cables.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 72

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Yeah, if I am on my PC I like to post nice big pics but ob my phone all I can do is a scree shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gord