Energy suspension control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm considering Energy Suspension polyurethane control arm bushings for my 82 C10. Any comments or suggestions? I know they flex less than OE-type rubber and won't deteriorate. Also, it sounds like they're easier to install.

My only experience with poly bushings is with Energy Suspension's cab mounts and stabilizer bar bushings that I installed on another pickup approximately 20 years ago, and they still look and work like new.

You must be registered for see images attach

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I replaced all of my control arm, sway bar, hanger brackes and body mount bushings with poly. They make a big difference in handling and stability. The oem rubber wear out and deteriorate making handling and alignment sloppy.

Highly recommend using them.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
X2... Poly is the only way to go..

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Just make sure you grease them up good. I also prefer the black bushings (graphite impregnated). It will help minimize the squeaking you can get with Poly bushings.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I've done complete urethane suspensions on small cars when I was racing imports. They really do tighten up the handling. The last one I did would damn near rip the fillings out of your teeth on a corner. The downside, is if your roads are ****** like they are up here, the novelty wears off pretty quick. By the time I sold that car, I really didn't enjoy driving it anymore. It was just harsh and rattley unless you were on fresh asphalt. That was my experience with small cars. I would hope the extra weight of the truck would help work against it, but I'm not willing to risk it myself. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of better handling and no deterioration, but would hate to end up making the truck less pleasant to drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04