Emissions Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrYams

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Noob looking for help. Not a mechanic just a guy who luvs squares and cussing.

1986 C10 305
Truck is running like garbage but with every vacuum line I pop off she runs a little better. The EGR has been removed and capped and I’d like to remove the air pump and anything else unnecessary for function. Where I live emissions aren’t a factor.

Is there anywhere to find a vacuum diagram with all unnecessary lines removed and necessary lines rerouted? *original attached

Ty

Attachments

• 21CBD884-5927-4477-BADE-6C533370AFD7.jpeg
    21CBD884-5927-4477-BADE-6C533370AFD7.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 589

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
First, normally the air pump system has no effect on drivability. The EFE valve preheats the intake for proper choke operation. Those are 2 systems I wouldn't mess with. Check for vacuum leaks including the brake booster. Either disconnect and plug them or pinch off. Also be sure and check the charcoal cannister. The truck I am currently working on had a bad cannister with a large vacuum leak. Is the timing correct, check the advances.

With it running try slightly closing the choke plate. Does it run better or worse?

MrYams

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My choke light is on constantly these days. I’ll check all of that.

Closing the choke seems to make it better because it’s idling so high but no noticeable difference until your very close to killing the engine.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If nothing has been changed and it idles high would suspect a vacuum leak. Or depending on what style choke it has [either preheated with exhaust or electric coil] could have an issue there with the fast idle cam staying on. If it can be done safely, check the carb base gasket for a leak.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
It's an 86... so you will have an electric choke. If you have an issue where power is not being applied to the choke thermostat, your choke will be stuck on like its a cold engine ALL THE TIME. This means you will be operating on the high idle cam and the choke plate will be closed. You need to get that fixed before you can get anything else running right.