Emissions crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Just got back from some muddin and hosing the old girl off.Doin some eyeballin and checkin.The damm heat valve flapper and air cleaner thermac are both slammed shut.So I am suckin through the little flex tube and blowin through the intake and 1 left side ex manifold.Got problems with the temp actuated vaccum controll valves that are like unobtanium to find.HMMM what to do??Gonna gut the heat riser and plug off vaccum supply to air cleaner valve( thermac). I hate this Fred Flintstone emissions crap ya cnt get parts for.I should just yoink it all.I do live in reno and have to smog it but my girl lives in a county with no smog. Ive just got my answer.HeHe...

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I pass Cali smog with this setup. All the required oem stuff is still there, I just added another wide open snorkel from a donor air cleaner.

picture.php

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
if you can get by without emissions yank it. or wire the flap open or something.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Or put an aftermarket air cleaner on it. Then when you drive down for your emmisions test, put the OEM thermostatic unit back on, test, then swap back when you get home.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
There is always my route..... I just keep my truck registered in New Mexico. The title is half in my Moms name. I was going to go the proper route and switch all my licencing and vehicle plates over from Nm but after their CDL ******** the DMV put me through I say **** Nevada and **** their smelly air too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88SQDRW