Emblem help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
So, recently I took out my old OEM grille and searched high and low for an OEM replacement on ebay to reproductions with the grille emblem placement.. So, I was stuck with buying a reproduction grille without any place for the emblem (I guess because of GM property rights). Anyone possibly know how I could rig my emblem onto the reproduction grille without it looking utterly retarded?

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
V8
Yeah, I'm also curious on this one.. I have a repro grill and the previous owner of mine kind've Mickey Moused it on there.. it looks DECENT.. but could be much better.

Subscribed to see what everyone else did to get theirs on there. :D

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
I'm thinking I might would have to cut out the logo of the grille and try to fit it in?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
The one I got from rockauto came with what you guys are looking for, let me see if I can get a picture of it.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
They make the ones for the '80s with the emblem placement. But not for the late '70s grilles. /:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Heres a very recent one right here...

You must be registered for see images attach

this grill is now a couple years old, great fitment and it was under 30 bucks! For the emblems you can remove the speed nuts on the inside of the grill and drill holes in your new grill, opted for option 2 and sawed the studs off and attached them with epoxy.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
They make the ones for the '80s with the emblem placement. But not for the late '70s grilles. /:

Awww damn, so this doesnt help..... Thats a kinda raw deal man.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
Yeah, back to the drawing board. Haha.
I don't want to go ahead and start drilling into a new grille without knowing if it's going to work for the 77?-80? (Or 77-79?) bowtie.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
V8
The problem as I recall is the grilles for our years are just slats. So you have to come up with a way to get long enough rods on the emblem to go through the slats, and then you can get a bracket to mount to the inside.. But on the emblems, the rods to mount from are too short and will not reach all the way through to the inside of the slats.

This probably does not make sense unless you have this model and have tried it before..

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
If all else fails get a tube of epoxy and eyeball it on there.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
None of the reproduction '77-'80 Chevy grilles have the spot for the bowtie. I hate it. You can still find good original ones in the junkyard, late 70's vans use the same grill.

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
None of the reproduction '77-'80 Chevy grilles have the spot for the bowtie. I hate it. You can still find good original ones in the junkyard, late 70's vans use the same grill.

I noticed that not too long ago. Most scrap trucks and vans around here from that model have been scrapped, though. To go to a nice PAP, I'd have to head up towards the other side of Charlotte. PAP Galore. Too bad it's three hours away. -_-

But it is pretty annoying that there isn't any that have it. Hell, I'd still use my original grille if it wasn't dry rotted. And too be quite honest, the chrome plated one from LMC is actually a REALLY nice grille. I was really impressed. :D The headlight bezels on the other hand are just a hard plastic like the grille.. :/ I wish I could get my originals replated. But that's a whole other topic. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35