electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
None of the fuse links serve ONLY the clock and courtesy lights. IF you have a blown fuse link, a power loss will involve more than just those 2 items.. The clock and courtesy lights are on the same fuse, but they don't share the same ground. Well, actually they do, but not in the way you'd think.. The door jamb switch provides the ground for the courtesy lights. The circuit is "hot" at the bulbs. A separate ground wire is run from the bulbs to the jamb switch. The clock's ground path is completed at the ground buss bar near the parking brake pedal..

Break out your test light again and test the fuse marked "CTSY/CLOCK.. Ground the test light and check each end of the fuse.. If the test light shows power at only one end of the fuse, the fuse is bad.. If it shows power at both ends, you have an open somewhere in the circuit.. As others have noted, it's time to break out the diagram and start tracing wires..

I'm not a moderator, so don't take this as me "scolding" you.. Being as you're new here, you may not understand how things go around here.. Please don't start multiple threads concerning the same problem.. It makes it hard for others to follow along.. Go to your introduction thread for my comments on the electrical problem you're having...

I was hoping you'd find this and weigh in.

LANIAC

Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
new to the forum plus a little computer illiterate so i apologize for the confusion on the multiple threads. can do most anything when working on autos, but when it comes to the wiring, well that's my low point. thanks for the info, i appreciate it.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Welcome, I'm not the best at wiring either, but the this forum will help you a lot. Best of luck.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Wiring is just electrical plumbing. Disconnect your Negative wire at the battery for any major electrical work and take your time all the time. Get the schematics and trace your testing points. Start at the battery if you have to. Point to point, step by step.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size