Electric Window Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
I mean, you dont NEED To use a relay kit but the reason its done is to enhance the lifespan of the switches and to provide less potential for things like voltage drop and increased lengths of high amperage runs which is only a good thing for the long run. If you dont want to mess with it now and make it future-yous problem, thats fine. (We all do this in some way)
your right in the long run...for me the old stuff as run for 35+ years and with the better technology of today motor (i see video with just changing the motor keeping the old regulator work fine) i think that will be ok...but shure adding the relay kit is a big plus! ;)

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
I’m not a square body expert, so I might be wrong. I don’t think power windows were available until much later in the production run. I remember somebody here doing a window conversion and finding out the cab and doors weren’t marked for the wiring boots.

You could use a typical 5 pin relay instead of the factory part. Instead of power coming off the fuse in the fuse box, use any run/accessory powered spot in the fuse box to trigger the relay
i see few '75-'80 with PW/PL but your right not common as '81 to '91 (suburban-blazer-Crewcab) ;)

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
eazy plugs and play :)...and don't forget door locking rod from your donor you gonna need it ;)
Thanks for the info.....easy to find. Took a pic with my phone for reference in the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara