edelbrock 600 cfm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo166

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
hey guys i put a edelbrock 600 cfm carn on my 350sb and i put all the propper atachements for the throttle and everything and where do i put the springs because when i start it up the throttle is stuck wide open?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
If you still have the engine pulling tab that bolts to your intake on the driver's side front, that's a good place to put them.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
hey guys i put a edelbrock 600 cfm carn on my 350sb and i put all the propper atachements for the throttle and everything and where do i put the springs because when i start it up the throttle is stuck wide open?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4o8hrcjt1k9vr1/Photo Nov 01, 9 48 04 PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtc947rv1h9u131/Photo Nov 01, 9 48 33 PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9olfetdqajs55h/Photo Nov 01, 9 48 56 PM.jpg

This is where and how mine is hope it helps

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205

Man that spring looks like it's a strong one, pedal hard to push? It is also not very safe. Stock throttle springs have 2 springs, a larger diameter one with a smaller diameter one inside. Reason being if one spring breaks you have another one to keep it from going WOT. And you should be able to tell if one beaks because your throttle would get pretty light.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Whatever works, but yeah, that looks tough. Rob that off your screen door closure didja???

IIRC, it's actually SUPPOSED to go on the lower portion of the throttle lever and pull toward the back of the motor, instead of the upper portion and pulled to the front.

And yes, the dual spring is the proper OE way to go, but rarely done that way on aftermarket carb swaps. Thing to consider, these trucks have a cable operated throttle, NOT solid rod where you can pick the gas pedal off the floor and to get out of a WOT situation. Been there done that a couple times on the 64 GMC that used a solid rod thank god, when a motor mount broke, motor came up and binded the linkage with a WOT. Other thing to consider using a cable, they can get stiff and hang up. It's not practical to lube then while installed, but if I've ever got a motor out or cable disconnected I usually hit is with some white lithium grease spray or try to get some graphite powder down the cable housing which is tough to do at times.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
IIRC, it's actually SUPPOSED to go on the lower portion of the throttle lever and pull toward the back of the motor, instead of the upper portion and pulled to the front.
I had mine set up like this for a while till I did the auto trans swap, then the detent cable was in the way.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Man that spring looks like it's a strong one, pedal hard to push? It is also not very safe. Stock throttle springs have 2 springs, a larger diameter one with a smaller diameter one inside. Reason being if one spring breaks you have another one to keep it from going WOT. And you should be able to tell if one beaks because your throttle would get pretty light.

I think the pedal is perfect not to hard not to easy

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Whatever works, but yeah, that looks tough. Rob that off your screen door closure didja???

And yes, the dual spring is the proper OE way to go, but rarely done that way on aftermarket carb swaps. Thing to consider, these trucks have a cable operated throttle, NOT solid rod where you can pick the gas pedal off the floor and to get out of a WOT situation. Been there done that a couple times on the 64 GMC that used a solid rod thank god, when a motor mount broke, motor came up and binded the linkage with a WOT. Other thing to consider using a cable, they can get stiff and hang up. It's not practical to lube then while installed, but if I've ever got a motor out or cable disconnected I usually hit is with some white lithium grease spray or try to get some graphite powder down the cable housing which is tough to do at times.

Have no idea where that came from but could you show me the oem set plz if you can

Jimbo166

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
hey guys i found the location and everything works great, also this carb is the best thing ive done performance wise makes the truck run so much better.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hey guys i found the location and everything works great, also this carb is the best thing ive done performance wise makes the truck run so much better.

Good News. So did this carb go on an original intake or an aftermarket Eddy intake?

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I must say those eddys are pretty reliable

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Jimbo166

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
it went on a edelbrock manifold and i just put an edelbrock elite air cleaner which i will add a picture of soon.

Jimbo166

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
edelbrock elite air cleaner with a k&n tall boy filter

Attachments

• edelbrock.jpg
    edelbrock.jpg