Reman 350 stumbles and misses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billyon24s

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hey guys,

So a few months back I swapped a autozone 350 into my 85 C10, I broke it and it did fine for the first few weeks, then after a few weeks of driving it, The motor gained a miss, it wasn’t bad at first then it’s gotten to the point where it stumble when you give it throttle and if you put a load on it, the miss will come back and misses pretty good.

Now normal idling it doesn’t have the miss at all but once you put a load to it is when it does it, could it be a timing or valve issue causing it to do that? I’ve had This issue for a few months now and it’s driving me nuts not knowing what’s going on with it

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Do you think the cam was broken in correctly? The dizzy may have moved if the hold down bolt isn't tight. The carb has some trash in it? The fuel pressure is low. It could be any of these. The simple checks in my mind are the following. I would check the timing. I would check the plugs and wires. I then would pull the valve covers and check the rockers and push rods maybe one is loose, if you don't find anything wrong with the first two checks. Then maybe move on to the fuel side of engine. Good luck with it.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Pull some spark plugs and take a look. They could be getting oil fouled from an intake or valvetrain issue or just carbon fouled if the engine was running rich.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If a cam or valve issue is suspected a vacuum gauge will show it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep