Drive shaft rubbing "Y" pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Yah, you are right SquareRoot. Building a mountain / hunting ranch truck in a state without emission regs has probably altered my reality.

Hope you'll pardon me, might have been a bit quick to offer advice to somebody with a full exhaust system and stock exhaust issues. My truck will likely never leave this state and easy access was required due to recurring transmission issues.
I have read and seen lots of evidence for an X-Pipe and the great sound they produce for high RPM vehicles.
MY needs at low RPM, required enough pipe size so I could add spark arresters.

I went 2-1/2"to 3"Magna Flow Mufflers and out each side for simplicity and without much money to get it up and running.

My biggest mistake, was looking at your photo in post #6, somehow I seen your truck backwards and it looked like there was a Y-Pipe with a dual added to the passengerside. After looking at your new temporary repair I realize I had your truck backwards and improperly assessed the situation. The drive line didn't register and the photo looked as if it was from under the passenger side door with engine to the right.

Honestly thought the cross pipe was acting as a sudo X-Pipe and I am very wrong.
My glasses must have been fogged up. I goofed up.

Your temp repair looks great Brooksman9.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1