Drip Rail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When I cleaned of the seal/gasket off the backside of the rail, it cleaned up chrome.
I meant the exposed side, you can see in 1984's pics.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I meant the exposed side, you can see in 1984's pics.

Oh, Sorry. Mine was painted black and the screw heads were black, so I repainted it, and the screw heads, black. I guess because of the black stripe on the body trim? :shrug:

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
81-87 drip rails and mounting bolts are satin black.
That said, it's your truck! Make em any color you want! I think they look great painted body color on the white truck in this thread.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
I did semi flat rails (with the chrome ) and stainless screws.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I made gaskets for my drip rails and didn't use any adhesive at all. My drip rails, the flat part that lays against the cab are black. So after I cleaned them up I painted them back black. And yeah, those screws were a bit difficult to remove and a couple of them seemed to be just under the drip rail where it curls over, and I had to angle the screw driver to get them back in. But it was just a couple of the screws. The screws were black as well. And then the part of the drip rail that curls up is brushed stainless, not chrome.

Like ya'll I need to remove mine and look to see if there is any rust under there. I don't see any evidence of rust coming out from under the rails anywhere but that's no guarantee there isn't at least some somewhere, especially around the screw holes. I'm not looking forward to fooling with the rails, coming up with a good way to reinstall them, but ya'll have given me some good ideas.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey, aren't the washers on those screws made on the screw?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad