Door Weatherstrip Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Sorry to revive an old thread but I just brought the front door seals (with the screw holes) for my suburban to help with wind noise and I am confused on what way these should go on. Craig, your picture shows these going on one way and LMC Truck shows these going on with the ends reversed (picture below). Can anyone offer clarification on this for me?

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't know if the LMC picture is correct. I think I bought mine through them, but there were no instructions included. I haven't painted my truck yet, so I still haven't installed them.

I took me a while to figure out how they fit because its different than the glue on style pictured and the way LMC shows it. I tried installing them with the taller part of the seal closest to the door edge, but the way they are in my pictures is the way the seals fit best. I installed an OEM set of these on a '77 K5 back in the early 90's and to my recollection this way the way they installed.

Rashad Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I don't know if the LMC picture is correct. I think I bought mine through them, but there were no instructions included. I haven't painted my truck yet, so I still haven't installed them.

I took me a while to figure out how they fit because its different than the glue on style pictured and the way LMC shows it. I tried installing them with the taller part of the seal closest to the door edge, but the way they are in my pictures is the way the seals fit best. I installed an OEM set of these on a '77 K5 back in the early 90's and to my recollection this way the way they installed.
Thanks for more clarification. I actually ended up installing them like you had it in the pictures with the tall side up. I screwed them in on the ends and put adhesive the whole length. I never worked with this adhesive before so it was kind of tricky for me to not get it all over while trying to get the placement right for the rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yea I had the screw kind, but went cheap and replaced it with a glue on kind. I ended up putting a little glue at the time cause it gets everywhere...I ended up glueing it the wrong way I figured bout the next day. It still seals. I think it may even fit tighter. I even saved a piece to look to make sure I put it on the right way...still ended up the wrong way:confused:o_O:mad:

Life goes on, the stuff was cheap, if I want one day I could redo it if I wanted

Larry79

Reaction score
First Name
Lauri
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
400 sbc
Looking into getting new weather stripping for my truck currently, does this stuff HAVE to be ordered from a place like LMC, or is weather stripping pretty universal? LMC wants $80 for a full kit, but universal stuff is 10x cheaper...
Hi.
do you remember what was the size/profile on that universal seal?

Copymutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Reading between the lines on the door weatherstripping it sounds like LMC nor any other supplier is not the original style that locks onto the pinch weld. Can anyone confirm?
I almost ordered last night, now Im in holding pattern to confirm correct design.

Even w/ the OEM product the integrity of the seal is dependent on the glue

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
The stuff I bought from LMC that goes around the body opening for the doors does attach to the pinch weld.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood