Door swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I got the doors swapped out on my project truck today just need to cut holes for the wiring. Question can the holes be cut from the inside out? There are 3 dimples on the panel I believe are where I need to cut top and bottom are for the rivets for the rubber sleeve and the center is for the rubber grommet around the wires. Thanks for your help.

You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Drill from outside. There is space between outside and inside panels

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm in the process. Here's a pic from the inside of the door. There's masking tape over the outside but you can see the two rivet holes and center hole.

You have to have the doors off to accurately locate the dimples. There are the same 3 dimples on the cab side as well. To drill those from the outside in, the doors and fenders have to come off.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks I stuck the wires in behind the fenders for now, just trying to get everything closed up for the winter, I have had a tarp over it for some time. I will be pulling the front clip to install engine but not too sure how long that will be. I guess I was amassed as to how easy it was to get them swapped out. I’m looking for the rubber that goes around the windshield so I can get that installed, we are not sure if we are going to get hit by Dorian or not. Thanks again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus