Door Hinge Pins Not Seating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1980/1984 Frankenstein
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
These are the standard doorman replacements. Anyone else have trouble getting the pin to seat all the way? I hammered the crap out of it. No dice so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
These are the standard doorman replacements. Anyone else have trouble getting the pin to seat all the way? I hammered the crap out of it. No dice so far.

You must be registered for see images attach
I've hammered them in before, sometimes that works sometimes you beat them to death or shatter the bushing. The correct way is to use a press, with the hinges off the truck but who wants to do that? If you can get a ball joint press or something similar (you should be able to barrow a ball joint press from an auto parts store), if you can get it in there that can work. But do be careful any kind of press can taco your hinges if your not mindful of the force.

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1980/1984 Frankenstein
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
I've hammered them in before, sometimes that works sometimes you beat them to death or shatter the bushing. The correct way is to use a press, with the hinges off the truck but who wants to do that? If you can get a ball joint press or something similar (you should be able to barrow a ball joint press from an auto parts store), if you can get it in there that can work. But do be careful any kind of press can taco your hinges if your not mindful of the force.

I went to harbor freight and picked one up. It worked! Thank you!

Rudy Mienert

Reaction score
First Name
Rudy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
I had the same problem, and i realized i should have drilled the hinge body holes out slightly. But I installed them just as you have pictured, and so far, so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod