Do these racing stripes work on this square?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Blue, you are right, I would not paint them on.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
"BUT!!! it would have to be a Bad A$$ truck if it had Rally Stripes."
My 200HP launches off the line with the best of em! All the way up to the 35MPH speed limit in town.

Grumpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
For myself, one of the best things about hot rodding and fixing up vehicles is not looking at everything and loving every last paint job or modification you see, it is observing what others have done and whether or not you like it - countless times I have wondered about doing this or that only to see someone has already done exactly that and I either love it am glad I didn't spend the money and the time doing that modification or paint scheme. Hot rodding is very personal, and each vehicle you see is an expression of the individual. I have looked carefully at vehicles I didn't care for and seen attention to detail in a bracket and seen how someone made it work and look very professional - things to file away in the back of my mind in the chance I may need to do something similar.
I have my own tastes, yet I will gladly walk over and check out someone else's Chev, Ford, Dodge and even Ricer. I enjoy someone spending time on their project, even if they only detailed a stock engine compartment.
For you, take a pic of your truck and photoshop some stripes on it. Print the pic and tape it to your fridge for a couple weeks - if you don't care for it after a few days, try something different.
After all, it is yours.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
I have my own tastes, yet I will gladly walk over and check out someone else's Chev, Ford, Dodge and even Ricer.
Sometimes the ricer crowd gets creative with zip-ties. Gotta love that attention to detail!

Blue, you are right, I would not paint them on.
If you're going vinyl, just do it!

JohnRod

Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Suburban
Engine Size
want to be really brave? in the late 50's up to mid 60's, an asymmetrical stripe [that's just one, so you dont have to look it up in the dictionary!] off-set to just one side, usually driver side. saw a Dodge car at the Chillin' show a few days back, with a single stripe.
rod in AZ

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
Like franks red hot...good on everything.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
OK, that great idea came and went. Sticking with all black as is. That was easy.

Reactions: WFO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey