Differential Cover Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Haven't seen anyone on here mention anything about these on this site yet. I smacked a rock years ago with my front differential and do not want to go thru that again. (Someone put a nice big rock in the middle of the road right after a rise in the road).
I have seen full cover replacements (OX makes a nice one) but often they are almost $200 with shipping. I'm mainly concerned about the lower part of the differential cover (anything up higher will take out my tie-rod anyway).

I found this tonight:
You must be registered for see images attach

Fairly cheap and should protect incase I misjudge where a rock is.

http://www.fourxdoctor.com/catalog/diffguard/diffguards.html

Anyone try this? Think I'll call and order one Monday.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They seem like they would work decent. Looks like a good place for mud and small rocks to get stuck though.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I figure stuff might get in there, but at least I'd be able to see it and should wash out easily with a hose. Warn makes one that is enclosed- so would probaby protect better but also makes almost like a shirt pocket and would fill up quickly.

You must be registered for see images

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Well- I ordered it. I'll post some pics and what I think of it when it comes in. My money tree has been trimmed back to almost just a stump lately.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
picture.php

Well- I got it yesterday and installed this morning. It is well made and is either painted or powder coated black. Install was easy- remove 5 bolts and then bolt it on with the included bolts and washers. Torque down to 19ft/lbs. While I had the 5 bolts off I was working quickly but one drop of gear oil started to seep out. Once the cover was on and torqued down I dried the area off. 10 hours later it is still dry- but I will keep an eye on it.

I'm always careful when going off road, but it is nice knowing I do have some protection now and it didn't cost much money.

Next small project is the ORD steering brace. It will be here next week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man