Dexron VI NP208?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I’m from Mississippi so same situation. I spent the last four years in New Orleans, and I’m currently back in Mississippi on the prowl for a job to make some money before I go and get my law degree.

Dollar General is a southern staple. Lol, thats why I asked.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Thing about using anything other than atf in your np208 is the potential for your tc to leak fluid into your trans and contaminating it. This is an argument I saw come up several times when searching the various fluid options for the np208. Not sure the likelihood or potential for this to happen.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Thing about using anything other than atf in your np208 is the potential for your tc to leak fluid into your trans and contaminating it. This is an argument I saw come up several times when searching the various fluid options for the np208. Not sure the likelihood or potential for this to happen.

Thats a legit concern! I fixed that not long ago. My T.C. was dumping a quart out the fill hole. Tranny was low. My brothers did the same.

Just play it safe.

71RAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Bet it's hell to get it in 4 wheel drive in a cold climate. Lol

Im in New Hamshire, don't recall any customers complaining. We several landscape, construction companies, municipals that rely on snow removal as winter work.
It may effect the synchro performance if you are still running the original auto hubs. The way the shift rail are designed, oil viscosity not really going to change the shifting effort much or at all.

Tombo

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
350 Vortec
Valvoline Maxlife ATF. It's compatible with just about everything lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC