Delay wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbaron

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1979 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just new to this forum and I appreciate the in knowledge this rum has
I just bought delay wipers for my 1980 GMC. The switch is new but the module is used but supposedly in perfect working order. Low, High, wash, pause and Park all work perfect. I am assuming delay should be the first click, then low and high. On the first click I have constant low, the second click goes to constant high and when I go the the furthest click the motor stalls. Once I bring back the lever to the second position now the wash cycle is on. Any help would be appreciated as I sure would like to have delay wipers.

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Sounds like a wiring harness/plug issue in the steering column. Those turn signal switches and modules are a PITA. Not much help here.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Sounds like a wiring harness/plug issue in the steering column. Those turn signal switches and modules are a PITA. Not much help here.
1980 is specific to 77-80 trucks. It is a special switch mounted in the instrument panel with a round knob. Then it has a little rectangle module that plugs in between the standard truck harness and the switch. Does your switch have a round knob with an arrow on it?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Just for reference, mine is an 80 and I added the switch and module from another truck. First click is delay and the amount of the delay is controlled by turning the knob. Next click is low, then high. Pushing in on the knob give wiper... there should be no click after high.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Sounds like a bad module. Welcome to the club.

Tbaron

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1979 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks for everyone’s support

Tbaron

Reaction score
First Name
lee
Truck Year
1979 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
1980 is specific to 77-80 trucks. It is a special switch mounted in the instrument panel with a round knob. Then it has a little rectangle module that plugs in between the standard truck harness and the switch. Does your switch have a round knob with an arrow on it?
Yes my switch looks exactly like as you describe. There is the module that is wired behind the switch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag