Dash Cams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, just as I thought, he drug that bitch. :rofl: I hate Land Rovers, and I hate the arrogant pricks that own them even worse. Land Rover is one that MUST BE DOLLIED, either dolly, roll back or DRAG IT. You don't have to drag a vehicle very far on asphalt and it trashes the tires. It puts flat spots in the tires, then it rides like Fred Flinstone mobile not to mention the tires make alot of noise after that. So he calls the cops, and that did what? NOTHING AT ALL !!! Arrogant Rich ***** for you, they're above the law. NOT !!!

See, and that's the other bad thing, Cops don't always know the laws and you have to educate them. They were TRYING to give the repo man a hard time about not calling it in. And he is 100% correct, you CAN NOT by law, include and LEO on a repo. Normally, we didn't even call them in, we FAXED it in after we got to the yard. Had to hit the City PD of the City it was repo'ed in, The County Sherriff and Highway Patrol. All 3 LEO entities get notified by fax. The fax machine was set up with 1 speed dial button that sent it to all 3 at the same time, actually 1 right after the other but the fax machine was set up to dial the #'s.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
It's a shame about reponut...He fell apart after his wife died and been arrested several times for a lot of reasons. Arrested in March for a number of reasons including identity theft, arrested again in May for receiving stolen property.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
It is amazing, and tragic, that somebody who seemed so focused and hard working could fall apart like that. I guess we never know where the tipping point is.

I discovered his channel shortly before his wife died and I was just going to subscribe to it when it all went off the rails. Same thing happened with GasKings. I was just about to subscribe when he got locked up for defrauding pensioners. My intent to subscribe seems to be a jinx.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's a shame about reponut...He fell apart after his wife died and been arrested several times for a lot of reasons. Arrested in March for a number of reasons including identity theft, arrested again in May for receiving stolen property.
I did get to see some of that. Looks like she died in 2016 and he went off the deep end since. Lost his house too and appears to be a meth head now. Looks like his latest videos are old ones from "back in the day" Me may not even be repoing anymore. What a shame.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I bought a Nakamichi ND27 ,new from eBay, for my dad awhile back and he's been pleased with it.

Relatively inexpensive and was complete- ready to go.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I said complete but now i'm remembering I also had to buy him a micro SD card so concern about recording time was never an issue.

Hope this helps!

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I did get to see some of that. Looks like she died in 2016 and he went off the deep end since. Lost his house too and appears to be a meth head now. Looks like his latest videos are old ones from "back in the day" Me may not even be repoing anymore. What a shame.

He's not. He says he's on to other things...Yeah, like meth.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I said complete but now i'm remembering I also had to buy him a micro SD card so concern about recording time was never an issue.

Hope this helps!

It does. Thank you.

I appreciate everybody's input. It helps me refine what I need, and what I want. Also, reliability is a concern so your experiences are important.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
He's not. He says he's on to other things...Yeah, like meth.

That would appear to be the case.

He was talking about starting a repo school which I think could have worked well. I'm sure losing his wife was a serious blow, but it still amazes me how fast it all unraveled. He seemed to lose his accounts, sold the truck, house, car and motorcycle (and I'm sure that POS 6.4L blowing up earlier didn't help his financial situation) and just kind of fell apart from there within a few months. Really sad.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Yeah, it's bad. Per the Sherriff's Department: Drug paraphernalia, shoplifting, burglary tools, possession of another identity, multiple receiving stolen property, criminal mischief, dangerous weapon.

I'm still amazed, and a little scared at how fast someone can fall into the abyss. He seemed like a hard-working, focused guy. I realize he hit a brick wall of stress, but most people will lose themselves in their work or something. It's still very sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84