Dash Cams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I do not have a cam on the TA and today was a bit annoying one. 55mph speed limit and this car pulls out right in front. Immidiate to the left is full, only other choice pass on a shoulder. Ended up not even attempting to brake, just got around the vehicle on the shoulder and kept going.

Side note, retro reminded me that I wanted to buy his stepside. Even found the cs add. But a bit outside budget and I can't stand the red interior.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Lots of good info here. Thanks. Based on the videos it looks like I can aim a little lower and try to keep it closer to the $100 mark.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Here's 2 with that cheap cam. My get in trouble cheating videos. I usually filmed when towing so if I had a damage claim I have proof I didn't do that damage. I got in trouble for these 2. I cheated and didn't use straps or drag lights, and one I was doing about 80 was because that dumb ***** was in the fast lane doing the speed limit and the 2 big rigs were passing him the center lane so I went into the slow lane to get around them. Ohh and I had a Law Enforcement call holding so I needed to drop quick.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I look like a rookie backing this bitch up. For real, it wasn't me, that was on a sheet of ice in that parking lot and that bitch wouldn't turn and my steer tires just slid sideways too.

Not a bad job.

Did you ever watch Reponut on YouTube? He kind of fell apart after his wife died but his older videos are pretty good. One of the things I liked about the vids was I thought the guy was a pretty good tow driver even though his focus was repos.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not a bad job.

Did you ever watch Reponut on YouTube? He kind of fell apart after his wife died but his older videos are pretty good. One of the things I liked about the vids was I thought the guy was a pretty good tow driver even though his focus was repos.
You better be good with a self loader to do repos. It's not as easy as an experienced guy can make it look. In repo you gotta be quick. You can tear up alot of **** including your equipment. When I'd have a rider with me, my dad, a friend, a date, I'd say, you wanna have a bit of fun? Watch this, I just pull into an apartment complex and slowly drive through. You'd see people flying outta their apartments in their underwear, robes, fully dressed or whatever and 20% of the parking lot empty out. Then my rider says, Damn, what's with all the traffic all of a sudden, look all these people leaving. Is there a fire or something? NOPE !!! Those are all the people that are behind on their car payments. :happy175:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll have to go watch some reponut. Never heard of it. I've done some **** with that truck I even shocked myself. Like getting parallel parked cars on an uphill street covered in ice. 2 problems with ice. The obvious, you slide. But your steer tires don't turn when backing up so to get the right angle is about impossible. I've got 90 degree vehicles that were parked up against a wall, and facing a wall that noway a truck was getting in front of it.

Notice the red car covered in snow and ice but the others aren't? That's cuz it didn't run. The self centered **** calls for a tow at 11:30 at night in 20 degree weather to make sure her car is the first one at the shop the next morning and going to let it sit in the parking lot overnight. Has no clue whose cars are in front of or behind hers. I mentioned it too and her bf had just showed up and was telling her how stupid she was and then she starts back pedaling and telling me to come back tomorrow morning. I said, NO, I got up and out in this weather, drove 16 miles on ice, I'm getting paid and I don't get paid unless I leave with something, so it's going with me now. She watched the whole time too sweating bullets and cringing. I sorta was too and I was pist, so I really had to calm myself down so I didn't *** up, and I didn't!!! I got that bitch out of there without a scratch sliding backwards down that hill like a snake and didn't dare touch the brake pedal. She kept waving her arms like she was flagging someone down and I just kept on going. Nope Nope Nope, I'm getting paid bitch.

You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
That's a riot. Our neighbor across the street had their car repoed and they showed up at 11:00 at night with a Dodge/Cummins. No way in hell they were sneaking up on anybody with that thing.

Reponut was pretty slick most of the time. Even with the Powerjoke he could usually snag them fast. He was also good with people. Most of the time he could make contact, get the keys and people were happy to get their stuff out of the car.

He was pretty compassionate too. He picked up one at a Micky D's where the owner worked. She came out and got her stuff but she was embarrassed about what her co-workers would think and he told her to tell them she was having trouble with the car and her cousin owned a service station and was picking it up to change the fuel pump, and that her co-workers didn't need to know cr@p about her situation. Seemed like a decent guy. It was a shame how things went bad for him.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's a riot. Our neighbor across the street had their car repoed and they showed up at 11:00 at night with a Dodge/Cummins. No way in hell they were sneaking up on anybody with that thing.

Reponut was pretty slick most of the time. Even with the Powerjoke he could usually snag them fast. He was also good with people. Most of the time he could make contact, get the keys and people were happy to get their stuff out of the car.

He was pretty compassionate too. He picked up one at a Micky D's where the owner worked. She came out and got her stuff but she was embarrassed about what her co-workers would think and he told her to tell them she was having trouble with the car and her cousin owned a service station and was picking it up to change the fuel pump, and that her co-workers didn't need to know cr@p about her situation. Seemed like a decent guy. It was a shame how things went bad for him.
Just from what you're saying, he's a good repo guy. The few repos I did, like you said, compasionatte is key. For real man, you don't know someone's situation, never put a person down cuz they can't make their payment. They might have lost a job, they might have cancer and can't work, a tough divorce, you never know so always try to be empathetic. I did let one keep his car. I felt so bad for him. He gave me the keys and all and he mentioned the holidays and was hoping he'd get to go see his kids before he had to give the car up and they lived 10 hours away out of state. How the hell do you do that??? I had a little talk with the guy, and asked him, YOU PROMISE to call me when you get back? He says huh??? I asked, so if I let you keep the car for NOW, and use it for the trip to go see yoru kids for the holiday, will you call me when you get back so I can come pick it up then? The dude about cried and said, man I'll bring it to your front door. He told me not only how much it meant, but also the fact he'd be able to sleep at night cuz he's always listening for the repo man. I told him, I'll call the repo man off for now but don't let the bank know we have arrangments for this cuz they want it NOW. It's cool when you can help someone out. This guy had no money, no credit card to rent a car, he wouldn't have been to see his kids, and to me, it's not about the dude seeing his kids, it's about the kids getting to see their dad.

One girl, I got her car, felt bad for her, I was able to set her up with one of my tow buddies that had an unclaimed impound that he had just finished the paperwork on to gain title. He sold her the car for $500. It was beat up and looked like hell, but it ran good and had a heater. He held it for her 2 days til payday and took $300 down, and floated the other $200 for 28 days so that her next check she could get the title done. So though I had to take her car, I at least got her fixed up so she had a ride.

Now that ones that I was in your face and no mercy, was the ******** that I knew were hiding the car and dodging me. Those ones became a fun challenge, even though it pissed me off, it was still fun and I loved taking them. I'd follow them to a grocery store and wait for them to go in and laugh my ass off. Then sit out in the parking lot wait for them to be coming out, and I'm way down at the other end of the parking lot and I'm honkin' the horn and waving, Look dick, I got your **** !!! FINALLY !!! And drive off.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh yeah, the dude called me on his way back into the town to tell he got to see his kids and he was wanting to know if I wanted him to fill it up with gas, leave some gas in it or what? I said NO man, drive that bitch in on fumes I'm just towing it to auction and that doesn't raise the value at all having gas in it. So I told him. If you want to meet somewhere tomorrow morning, I'll get it there so you don't have to go through the ******** with your neighbors seeing what's up. He parked it at a local convenience store and hid the keys in it for me and called me and told me where it was and where the keys were.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
That was his thing too. Don't judge. But you're right, there's both sides of the coin. Being a business owner I deal with deadbeats too and I have no compassion for most of them. They're basically thieves. But every once in a while someone will be up front and admit they're having trouble. I'll do my best to work out a payment plan or a discount. It's better than nothing and someday they may be doing better and you'll have a friend for life.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh **** dude. You screwed me. I'll get addicted to watching his videos. I've watched 2 already. I like this one. See what I mean about the ones, IN YOUR FACE, this debtor knew what was up. He backed it in and turned the steering wheel. As you can tell, he still got it and always will.

He had 2 options how to do this one. That was risky not dropping the dollies in the first place and having to set it back down. The debtor could have come out with a key and drove off in it. But as he says, he did a process and had it hooked AND STRAPPED.

He has a cheap Dynamic bed. I don't like those. I not a Jerr Dan fan either, but that Jerr Dan MPL-NGS I operated was good. Hook'em right, the L arms will CLAMP on the tires and you can get by without straps SOMETIMES, not on a full size tire for that Yukon though. I'd have strapped that both sides for sure. Some you can go no straps, some strap 1 side, and some gotta be both. You have a vehicle come flying out of the L arms, it damages the vehicles becauset he L arms and wheel grid are hitting **** on the vehicle as it falls. You can damage sheet metal, oil pans, suspension parts, rear axles, all kinda stuff can easily be damaged and why most bosses don't let their employees driver self loaders. My truck had the 6.7 engine. Super Quiet and lots of Powa so I could sneak in, Hook and haul ass outta there with or without straps. Vulcan 810 or 812 is another bed I like alot, in fact preffered it until I worked that MPL-NGS bed.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Yes, they can be addictive. Ask me how I know.

As I said, good tow operator. Pulled up specs on vehicles to know if they needed dollies or not. Did lockouts quick. Put GPS trackers in cars, neatly! He was good at what he did.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Been there done that a couple times. Taking up 2 lanes to get away to a safe place before dropping dollies or fixing the wheel. Some cars are locked steering and if they're cut hard in either direction, you have to drop dollies. It can be helpful at times too, cuz if the steering wheel locks and you're only a few degrees off and you're only dog legging about a foot to either left of right, then you just drive your truck accordingly and drive the other side of the lane so that both your truck and the towed car are centered in the lane and you just carry on and go with it and take it to the yard. Seeing people chasing you down in your mirror is never a good thing and it sucks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes, they can be addictive. Ask me how I know.

As I said, good tow operator. Pulled up specs on vehicles to know if they needed dollies or not. Did lockouts quick. Put GPS trackers in cars, neatly! He was good at what he did.
Yep, after awhile you get to know vehicles and which ones you can cheat on and which you can't. Just like some AWD, you can get by without dropping dollies. Many 4x4's you can get by without dropping dollies too if you tow them backwards and don't back them up with your truck so that the front hubs don't lock up. Then some you don't have to worry about anyway. So long as there is no power, which there isn't if the key isn't on, you don't have to worry about the Tcase engaging. Then some you can so far at a slow speed and not hurt them. Them some AWD, they're not moving an inch with no power or not and even if you put it in N from underneath, if you turn the wheels on the ground, it'll turn the wheels in your L arms and spit the vehicle out and you drop it, or if you have it strapped so the wheels can't turn, then the wheels on the ground won't turn either, so you leave skid marks and flat spots in the tires. Experience matters alot in this business. And I don't care how experienced you are, you're gonna phuk up. I once bought an oil pan on a Saturn S. I've towed a ton of Saturn L cars. No issues. Towed a Saturn S same way I did L's all the time. WRONG !!! The Saturn S has the oil pan much more forward than the Saturn L. That car was bouncing on the wheel grid the whole time and I didn't know it. Trust me, I know now, $400 later. Had I known, I could have hooked it different, and chained it to the wheel grid so it couldn't bounce and would have saved it. But, it's rare you tow a Saturn S. They're not as common and I fuct up and ASSUMED it was like a Saturn L. If I don't know, I always check on those more rare models, but ASSUMING it was like the L was a big mistake.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Seeing people chasing you down in your mirror is never a good thing and it sucks.

Better than them hanging on your truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Better than them hanging on your truck.

Nice Squarebody Burb early on in this one. I'm skeptical on this one already without watching it all. LAND ROVER says so many things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400