Dang truck.. one thing leads to another..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
fixing speedo.. while under there... Notice there is a line on the fuel valve dripping. There are four lines on one side then two on the other side all attached. Then there is one kinda off to the side, what should it be tied into?

TIA

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Can you get a picture?

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Can you get a picture?
Its the shiny black that is dripping fuel.. If i could get this to stop i would be happy..

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Looks like a drain tube? I don't remember my valve having that tube. I'd guess it's starting to leak internally though. Does the valve still work?

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Never tried it.. My cousin said the passenger side tank leaks.. i assume its this valve and he just never looked under the truck..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Does 81 have canister purge emissions device? That might just be a vent for both tanks. :shrug:

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Does 81 have canister purge emissions device? That might just be a vent for both tanks. :shrug:

Its a 80.. i cant find the spot to change it from saying 81 in the side list under my name.. :console:

Im not sure about the purge device....:argue:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If you had the purge canister, it would be behind the left headlight in the engine compartment in the far front left corner.

Took care of the year model under your user info too. :adminpower:

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks.. I will take a look for the canister once my boy lays down for his morning nap..

Thanks for the change also..

Heading to town today to get transmission oil so i can change the pan gasket as its seeping. i also picked up a gasket set for the oil pan for the motor.. its seeping also.. I also need to change out the valv cover gaskets..

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looks like a drain tube? I don't remember my valve having that tube. I'd guess it's starting to leak internally though. Does the valve still work?

By this i assume your saying i should change the valve out.. I think i'm going to do that.. just to be sure..

My wife is going to wonder if i will ever stop spending money on this thing.. :argue::drunk::argue::word::boxing::sad72: :suicide:

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
My wife is going to wonder if i will ever stop spending money on this thing.. :argue::drunk::argue::word::boxing::sad72: :suicide:

Tell her no. A real man's truck always needs tinkering. Even when it's "done" there is money left to be spent.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sure there is. Always got enough left over for beer !!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Never tried it.. My cousin said the passenger side tank leaks.. i assume its this valve and he just never looked under the truck..

It must work then. If you have it switched to the driver's tank, that means that valve is engaging every time you turn on the ignition. Unless someone has rearranged the hoses of course. Just have a helper run the ignition and operate the switch while you feel/listen for it to work. If it works, I'd try capping that tube just to see what happens... and probably locate a new valve and have it ready to swap in at some point.

The little lines are the tank vent lines or return lines of some sort. They go to the fuel pump on mine IIRC.

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
fuel for the Harley.. beer and snacks.. Wait.. that was before the boy came along...

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It must work then. If you have it switched to the driver's tank, that means that valve is engaging every time you turn on the ignition. Unless someone has rearranged the hoses of course. Just have a helper run the ignition and operate the switch while you feel/listen for it to work. If it works, I'd try capping that tube just to see what happens... and probably locate a new valve and have it ready to swap in at some point.

The little lines are the tank vent lines or return lines of some sort. They go to the fuel pump on mine IIRC.

Im trying to find one but getting one that i dont have to change lines or reworking the wiring is seeming to be difficult..:argue:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki1978