Custom Exhaust Routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarshMobbin907

Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just pie cut mine and welded it back together. For complex bends I bought mandrel bends.
Not against pie cutting btw, I just did it to see how clean I could make the exhaust. After paint it looked amazing. Wish I took pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Not against pie cutting btw, I just did it to see how clean I could make the exhaust. After paint it looked amazing. Wish I took pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
A few more.....
nothing below the frame
all tidied up
where it exits, one on each side

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Thread high jacked by someone adding up post quantity with zero value. The point of a forum is to discuss technical solutions based on the title of the thread and section. Cryptic nonsensical posts just water the value of the forum. But I am new here.....
Is this your moderator resume?

deviant

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Bonanza
Engine Size
Just like mentioned, I use the pre-bent mandrel bends. I do it for the cars, my truck and the motorcycles I build. Just place, measure, cut and tack from front to back. The problem with using something like copper pipe is you have to maintain the centerline from front to back to get the measurements right. It's overly difficult to do and requires a bunch of unnecessary math to measure radii and angles. For me, the distance for shipping is far, but I get my kits and parts from Columbia River in Oregon. Lead time is about a week before I have parts in hand. http://www.mandrelbends.com/

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
buy the mandrel bent stuff its way easier than trying to make some kit fit. If you have good welding skills a but joint will be fine, if not you risk burning a hole in the pipe that you will have to fix, and should clean any weld that runs inside the pipe from the blow through. Slip joints are nice if you can plan your exhaust to the 1/8 of every measurement or have a way to expand the pipe yourself.

oh and

Thread high jacked by someone adding up post quantity with zero value. The point of a forum is to discuss technical solutions based on the title of the thread and section. Cryptic nonsensical posts just water the value of the forum. But I am new here.....

This happens alot on forums and builds camaraderie among members, other forums may move it to a different thread when its enough to warrant a separate thread but it still happens.

Last edited:

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Well for the sake of lack of tools, this was ideal. It was a little time consuming due to needing the pipes cooled before test fitting but the whole thing came out perfect with a little patience and twerking.

twerking??: So you actually were shaking your ass while build your exhaust? Must have been hard to mark straight lines but maybe that is where the patience part comes in.

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size

What is the black coating that you used? Ceramic or high temperature paint or BBQ paint or other?

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
A few more.....
nothing below the frame
all tidied up
where it exits, one on each side

Must have been nice to build the exhaust with the cab off instead of laying on the floor eating welding sparks. When you ran the pipe through the side panel did you make a double wall pipe to protect the panel? Has your paint burned around the exhaust port? I assume your gas tank is at the rear between the frame rails.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I guarantee no one would be happy with me as a moderator. Torches would be lit. Pitchforks would be brandished.
You sound perfect for the job then.

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Just like mentioned, I use the pre-bent mandrel bends. I do it for the cars, my truck and the motorcycles I build. Just place, measure, cut and tack from front to back. The problem with using something like copper pipe is you have to maintain the centerline from front to back to get the measurements right. It's overly difficult to do and requires a bunch of unnecessary math to measure radii and angles. For me, the distance for shipping is far, but I get my kits and parts from Columbia River in Oregon. Lead time is about a week before I have parts in hand. http://www.mandrelbends.com/

Thanks for the link. These might be priced better than Walker piping at Carquest and there is far better selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD