Custom Exhaust Routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
No. But I drank a beer anyway.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Thread high jacked by someone adding up post quantity with zero value. The point of a forum is to discuss technical solutions based on the title of the thread and section. Cryptic nonsensical posts just water the value of the forum. But I am new here.....

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I used a 14” chop saw and a small angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Just 2-3 tacks per joint until you get the entire length mocked up. Then stitch it all up.

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I used a 14” chop saw and a small angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Just 2-3 tacks per joint until you get the entire length mocked up. Then stitch it all up.

Thank you for your technical post. I have a few questions if you do not mind.

Did you bend your own pipe or did you buy mandrel bends? Did you weld the slip-on joints or did you complete butt welds? My plan was to complete everything as butt welds except the crossover H kit from Summit racing. The H pipes are expanded to be slip-ons. I also wondered if welding a slip-on would lead to a corrosion area between the outside pipe and the inserted pipe.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
After pricing local shops to make crush bend angle pieces for my application, it made more sense to buy mandrel bent generic type kits online. My previous setup was a mixture of flange, slip and butt joints. The new setup will be the same but with ball/socket long tubes this time around. Just observing what’s offered when looking for K30 stuff; C/R10s are really popular with aftermarket parts. I’d be surprised it there isn’t a complete mandrel kit that’ll bolt up to your headers that won’t require a ton of massaging. Especially if your headers are ball/socket.

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
After pricing local shops to make crush bend angle pieces for my application, it made more sense to buy mandrel bent generic type kits online. Just observing what’s offered when looking for K30 stuff; C/R10s are really popular with aftermarket parts. I’d be surprised it there isn’t a complete mandrel kit that’ll bolt up to your headers that won’t require a ton of massaging. Especially if your headers are ball/socket.

Because I want to route my pipe a little differently the full kits are not quite correct. A local Carquest, in Plentywood Montana, sells Walker pipe for super cheap and has everything on the shelf. These headers that came with the truck have a flat plate with 3 bolts. I could modify them for ball and socket but they did not leak before so I will leave them for now.

I bought Flo Pro glasspacks because they make the same glasspacks that they did when I was 20 so I am installing them for nostalgia. http://www.flopro.com

MarshMobbin907

Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I haven't really been following the post, but I watched this video on YouTube and I made my complete exhaust like this. I only had to make 2 welds for the whole thing (wanted as little piecing together as possible) but because I added an extra piece

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thread high jacked by someone adding up post quantity with zero value. The point of a forum is to discuss technical solutions based on the title of the thread and section. Cryptic nonsensical posts just water the value of the forum. But I am new here.....
Not exactly sure who you referring to, but I assure you if it’s me my advice and technical input will not be wasted on you. If not my build thread has pics of how I did mine.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So I haven't really been following the post, but I watched this video on YouTube and I made my complete exhaust like this. I only had to make 2 welds for the whole thing (wanted as little piecing together as possible) but because I added an extra piece

I just pie cut mine and welded it back together. For complex bends I bought mandrel bends.

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size

I think I watched this one as well. They filled the pipe full of sand, packed it, capped the pipe, heated and bent. Looks like a lot of work but if you want less welds makes sense. I think accuracy of bend might be an issue but it depends on what your trying to accomplish.

This is the same type of method I have ordered oilfield pipeline bends for risers. The industrial company had huge ovens to slowly heat and slowly cool the pipe but they still packed with sand and then bent on hydraulic machine.

MarshMobbin907

Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well for the sake of lack of tools, this was ideal. It was a little time consuming due to needing the pipes cooled before test fitting but the whole thing came out perfect with a little patience and twerking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly