Custom bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manswame

Reaction score
First Name
Sarah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So after examining my truck some I realized that the bed is starting to rust out at some of the bolt connections. Yes, I have the knowledge and capabilities to repair this BUT I also think it'd be dope to have a custom bed. So with that in mind, do y'all have some photographic inspiration for bed swaps you've done?

I'm thinking of removing the bed entirely and manufacturing a flat bed with removable sides. At least that's the idea kicking around in my skull.

Manswame

Reaction score
First Name
Sarah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I assume you meant the truck pulling the camper? She is a beaut. I wonder how hard it would be to implement a roll out ramp for my quad....hmmmmmm

Yes that truck. Not my ugly Suburban.

Talk to him about it, if you have some fab skills, then bet it would be easy.

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks for the kind words! I love my bed and it’s still a work in progress but I just used the truck today to haul about 1k-lbs of metal to the scrap yard today and it worked awesome, except the guy running the magnet dragged the metal off my bed and damaged my historical plate [emoji30][emoji2357], I knew I should have made the plate light bracket/plate guard sooner. I would take this bed over a factory bed for my use any day although the factory beds make the look of these trucks soo nice. I’m debating if I want to make some slide away ramps under the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Thanks for the kind words! I love my bed and it’s still a work in progress but I just used the truck today to haul about 1k-lbs of metal to the scrap yard today and it worked awesome, except the guy running the magnet dragged the metal off my bed and damaged my historical plate [emoji30][emoji2357], I knew I should have made the plate light bracket/plate guard sooner. I would take this bed over a factory bed for my use any day although the factory beds make the look of these trucks soo nice. I’m debating if I want to make some slide away ramps under the bed.

Damn, sorry man.

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Damn, sorry man.
At least it validates my idea about making a hidden plate light into a little guard for above the plate. I’ll put the plate in some rags and get out the hammer and dolly

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
At least it validates my idea about making a hidden plate light into a little guard for above the plate. I’ll put the plate in some rags and get out the hammer and dolly

When everything is working right, it's nice to have something productive to accomplish.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I always thought this one looked good.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's pretty cool, but it kinda throws the butt outta wack, body line wise. But it is a dually.

For a dually yes.

For SRW then fmxr47 made the better bed.

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I still think a service body would have been sweet and useful since I’m a mechanic. But flat beds are awesome. I like that aluminum one and wish mine was but I don’t have the patience to clean aluminum thoroughly for that much welding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus