CT - 1987 RCLB V10, in pieces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Well guys, I am giving up on my truck. It was never what I wanted to build i the first place and the thought of sinking near $20K into something that won't be what I, no matter what, is enough for me to give up on this project all together.

The truck is located in Oakville, CT 06779. Asking price is best offer, but, since a number value HAS to be assigned, I'll ask for $1500. Reality is, whoever wants to take the three main pieces can have them for almost anything north of free.

I will NOT part this truck out unless someone decides they want to take the three main pieces off my hands first.

The cab, bed, and frame must be sold before anything will be parted out.

The truck is completely torn apart.

The frame has been stripped, all rust scale has been knocked off, coated in a rust inhibitor, and painted black. You can still see the pitting, but, it is all sealed. There are NO cracks in the frame.

The cab had new cab corners put on it back around 1998/1999. I put a new drivers side rocker on it a couple of years a go, but, it has not yet been painted. The drivers side floor pan is cut out, as are all the drivers side supports.

I have new supports that I will toss in *IF* I can find them. I also have two new fenders and inner fenders.

Three doors will be included. One of the stock doors got ****** while trying to patch them, so I bought another door to replace it with.

The bed is a long bed. Mostly solid. I have patch panels for the bedsides to repair the rusted wheel wells. Aside from that, the only "damage" to the bed would be some holes drilled into the bed rail to secure an old toolbox. I can even include a drop in bedliner if you want.

Both front and rear axles are in good shape, they simply need to be blasted and painted. I do not know what gears are in them. They are stock. The rear axle does NOT have posi. They are both 10 bolt, 6 lug.

The engine was pulled with less than 58,000 miles on it. It's a bone stock 305. It's not the dog everybody makes it out to be. This was an extremely reliable motor and never gave us any problems.

The stock 700R4 transmission is included, too.

I do not know what kind of transfer case it has. NP_look for your damn self when you come to take it away.

Both front and rear leafs were rebuilt this winter. New bushings were installed, too.

This truck is NOT a roller. Everything is in pieces. Multiple trailers will probably be needed to load everything up. With help, we could probably make the chassis a roller in a day if you bring the hardware with you.

Again, I will not separate or part the truck out unless someone takes cab, bed, and frame off my hands first.

The price is VERY negotiable. Pictures

I don't check in here very often, so please PM me with any interest. You can also find me on GMFS with the same screen name.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:sad72:

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

I feel kind of the same way.

The truth is, I do not want a RCLB 4x4 Square Body.

I would rather have a RCSB or RCSS 2WD since it's not going to be a work truck. There is no point in swapping my cab over to a short bed frame or cutting the existing frame down when it already needs so much work.

I figure I can take the money I would put into this truck and either buy another Square Body that needs less work and make that into what I want or find another Square already done the way I want.

Most of you know why I started this project and I no longer have that driving me to finish it. I have finally moved on. With that drive gone, the time and money I would dump into this project simply does not pass the sanity check.

Casting the project aside until that drive returns, if it returns, is not possible. My yard is not big enough and zoning regulations would most likely prohibit it, if my neighbors wouldn't get pissed at the eyesore outside their window. If I leave the project until another day, the garage it is in becomes useless.

I want to be able to use that garage this winter. I promised my wife she could keep her truck in the garage over the winter and it ended up not happening this year because I had no other place to work on my S10. I had to leave my Nova in someone else's garage for the winter because I have no other room.

I can't even do anything to my Sierra because it will not fit in the garage attached to my house. Well, it might fit, but, there would be no room to actually work. I think that is proof that it's time.

I will pick up another Square Body eventually. It'll either be a RCSB, RCSS, or a C/K5.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sorry to hear Jaymez !!! But, you are 100% right. These trucks are not investments that will NOT grow in value. You only build one if you love them, and if its not what you want, then punt.

I have a feeling though, you are much more likely to get more out of it, if you do let it go in parts and not demand someone take the main 3 pieces. I'd imagine you make that request cuz you're in fear of getting stuck with a big piece that you won't be able to sell. I'll just tell you brah, I sold 2 trucks piece by piece and every last peice sold, and all the 3 big pieces sold to different people who already had their own projects in progress. Just saying, you might at least consider it. I wishta hell you were closer. I'd take the 700r4 and NP208, wait, its an 87, might be a NP241C. I could also use a crossmember too, and maybe a steering box.

Last edited:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Hate to hear it man but I see where you're comin from. You might consider though keeping one part from your dad's truck to transplant over onto your new square, something small but significant like the steering wheel. You should be able to find a place to stow something like that pretty easily.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:sad72: sucks dude but I think you're right. If you weren't so far away I'd be talking to ya but CT is a bit far from MO :(

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
:sad72: sucks dude but I think you're right. If you weren't so far away I'd be talking to ya but CT is a bit far from MO :(

Kansas City is only 21 hours away. Jump in the Burb, hook up a trailer and load as much as possible onto it. If it doesn't fit, pay my fuel and trailer rental fee and I'll haul the rest!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Kansas City is only 21 hours away. Jump in the Burb, hook up a trailer and load as much as possible onto it. If it doesn't fit, pay my fuel and trailer rental fee and I'll haul the rest!

So if I understand right ..... You get all the parts for $1500 and I bet he'd go down to $1000.... then lets gas in Burb 2 ways, trialer rental x 2, fuel 2 ways in Jaymez rig, and bamm, total expesnes, $2850 for fuel, toll and trailer rental. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: + $1000 for the truck, its only $3850 for a truck in pieces, minus a few days wages for time off work. You need to rock that deal O !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey