Crossmember bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
In the area I circled, but on the outside of the frame. That is the backside of my stamping.

Did you ever find the ones on the top right frame rail behind the cab like I did?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I believe... before I painted, I was noticing numbers on a lot of stuff when I was sanding. it seems like every piece of metal on these trucks has some sort of part number stamped into it.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
In the area I circled, but on the outside of the frame. That is the backside of my stamping.
You must be registered for see images attach

I just sold a rolling 78K-20 chassis and the numbers were stamped on the top side of the passenger frame rail?? FWIW

You guys are mixing metaphors.

Numbers on the side of the frame rail are supplier part numbers, date codes and (sometimes) the GM detail part number, as stamped at the supplier.

Numbers on the top of the frame rail is the partial VIN (plant and model year plus the sequential portion), stamped at the vehicle assembly plant. These numbers are stamped on the top of the rail because of the way the hydraulic stamper was suspended overhead (like a Harley Davidson hanging from the ceiling) on a tool beam and counterbalanced to offset the weight.

K

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snips71