crew cab sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roaddogg

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
454 for now
Ive searched and searched to find a similar issue but cannot find anything. I'm doing a ccsb conversion and went to put the box on and its off compared to the back of the cab about 3/8 lower on the drivers side so I thought crap I got in a hurry and did something wrong but all measurements from the garage floor to frame are pretty dead on (I know there can be a margin of error in this but my floor is pretty flat). So I've taken LOTS of measurements and seems the frame is same from the floor up so I'd say that tells me the suspension is settled the same. Then I measure body and its off 1/2" side to side so I'd say OK cab mounts most specifically the rear since its off from the box and the mounts are visually split BUT if I measure from frame mount to cab mount they measure the same but its got to be them. So are they suppose to be the same from side to side or are they different parts, one being taller to level cab. If I measure the box to body seam its same on both sides also. This is a 74 c20 crew cab. Thanks for the help. Im pretty sure its the mounts but am not seeing it by measuring and live in the rust belt so don't want to open a can of worms if I don't have to.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I'm not sure what you mean by the term "box". Also, I have no idea what is involved in a "ccsb" (crewcab square body?) conversion - or even what the end result would look like. So my response probably won't help you much. Matter of fact it has more questions than answers/suggestions.

On the conversion process: Are you converting a 1974 crew cab style truck to a cargo truck (or a camper maybe?) - I really don't know - by removing the open bed and replacing it with a higher/enclosed box style body?

Anyway, here's my point.

You say this first:

went to put the box on and its off compared to the back of the cab about 3/8 lower on the drivers side

If it was only at that point that you became aware of a box/cab height difference (and the box sits on the frame rails) - how can you be sure that it isn't the box that is somehow causing the misalignment?

So are they suppose to be the same from side to side or are they different parts, one being taller to level cab.

Body mount assemblies do include an optional shim - to compensate for slight discrepancies in side to side height. It is shown here (only on the #1 mount and for a much later truck, but the idea is the same):

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
crew cab short bed conversion

when your body does not line up start by replacing the body mounts

and for some reason all crew cabs I have taken the cab off of have that shim in the front body mounts.

roaddogg

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
454 for now
I figured thats what needs to be done was just hoping there was something i was over looking. I guess I'll get to them someday just trying to get this thing going. I just bought it a few months ago and haven't even driven it very much just finishing this and fixing all the 40 years of odds and ends mostly anything rubber is hard and brittle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruggedly