crazy4offroad's for sale thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
OK time to try to get more truck fundage! I cant find the particular driveshaft I need at all, so I'm going to part the front and rear 1/2 ton axles out and probably have to buy the 3" tube to make my driveshaft longer (more expensive than cutting a LWB d-shaft down). Here's a list of parts to start with, and a ballpark value. I'll know more what they're worth once I get them out and clean them up. Everything will require buyer to pay shipping:

3.73 Motive Gear ring & pinion for 73-87 Chevy front Corporate 10-bolt axle: $40
3.73 Richmond Gear ring & pinion for 73-?? Chevy rear 12-bolt axle: $50
Factory Limited Slip posi for 73-?? Chevy rear 12-bolt axle: $30
Factory Open carrier, complete with sides & spider gears, for 73-87 Chevy Corporate 10-bolt front axle: $25

Front Axle Shafts-
Inner long side: $40
Inner short side: $30
1- brand new outer stub shaft: $40
Other outer stub shaft is in bad shape, not for sale except as a trail spare for cheap.
Any combo of above, or all, make offer!!

Now offering the above with stub shafts and u-joints all together for the same price I had for the inner shafts alone!!

Rear Axle Shafts-
Each $20
Both $40
Both have perfect wheel studs, will include c-clips if you need them.

Dana Spicer locking front hub: $15
Front right spindle, hub/rotor assembly, calipers, caliper bolts, steering knuckles, cover+bolts: $Make Offer!!
Rear drums (like new), brake hardware, backing plates, complete parking brake system from pedal in cab, cables, brackets; cover+bolts: $Make Offer!!

NOTE: front backing plates SOLD!! Thanks Mike aka 1973 Chevy!
Note #2: ALL rear brake hardware SOLD, and cables! Thanks Randy aka yenner! Still have rear backing plates, park brake pedal, and 1st cable from cab to frame as far as rear brake system goes.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Rear 12 bolt half ton is 73-81. 82 and later was 10 bolts.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey Crazy,

What condition are the 3.73s for the 12bolt and the posi unit in? I might be interested. My poor beast has the stock 3.08s with an open diff. She needs some help. lol

Estimate on shipping to 77084?

Thanks!

-- John

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I will have to take some pics for you. The gears are in great shape. The posi has a small gear and large gear on one side, with 2 counterweights that kick it in with wheel spin. The large gear I believe has a tooth or 2 chipped. Not sure if this is something you can find replacement parts for or not, never tried. Like I said I will have to look, get pics, and get back to you. I went to USPS and estimated a 40 pound box, 16" x 16" x 12" (just a rough estimate) to your zip and it was about $55, kinda steep. 3-day Fed-Ex says $29 but those fuckers have burned me a couple times recently. I'll post back around noon with pics of the parts.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
OK I got some pics, they are all scaled to 1440x1080 pixels, so if you need a closer look just click them for a larger view. Pay no attention to my dark, dingy work area lol.

First shows pinion scarring on the LSD's case due to a loose pinion nut...
You must be registered for see images

Next is the other side, showing the same...

Next is overhead view of diff and ring gear. Production year "78" is circled in red...

Up next is pic 1 of 3 showing condition of the ring gear teeth, which all look good...

2 of 3...

3 of 3...

Pic of brand name of gear set, Richmond Gear, USA...

Pic of "back side" diff opening, showing crosspin and side blocks...

Pic of "front side" diff opening, showing locking mechanism which for the most part is in good shape...

Pic 1 of 2 showing problem areas of locking mechanism's large gear. Here there are 4 teeth missing...

Pic 2 of 2 of problem area, 1 tooth missing on the large gear about 1.5" away from other area...

Now on to the pinion...
Overview of pinion. Note the crush collar, you can reuse it by using a vise and hammer to expand the crush if you like or you can buy a new one, it should be less than $10...

This pic shows some information engraved on the bottom of the pinion. It also shows a chipped tooth, shown circled in red...

Another view of the chip. If you look closely at the shiny area above the chip and the black area where the chip is, it shows that the gears were not running on the chip, that the chip was a result of a loose pinion nut (ALWAYS use red thread locker!!) and not a result of incorrect setup...

And a final picture of the condition of the other teeth...

If you buy these parts they will get a quick wash in the parts washer, compressed air dried, light coat of machine oil, and a good wrap/packing job to prevent any damage. Shipping via Fed Ex they will be insured for free for $100. Parts sent are guaranteed to be the same parts in the pics. Beyond that I can't take responsibility for your ability or inability to properly set up the gears. There are a couple write-ups here on the forum I have done that can give you the general gist of it, and I will be willing to help with the technical side of it if you need it. I have no shims or bearing races to provide, but will throw in a 1310 strap-style pinion yoke for free if you want it, and WILL provide the pinion nut. Even though I quoted $29 to ship I will go ahead and say it may cost as much as $40 to ship, given my recent experiences with Fed-Ex. I've sold several parts here on the forum so I'm known to be a fair-and-square dealer, some of the transactions can be reviewed back through this thread. If you have any questions, further picture requests, or other comments post away, or PM me if necessary. Thanks for looking!
:cheers:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If I"m not mistaken, isn't that the Gov-Lok ??? Sure looks like it.

[yt]KbMZ9vcYVSg&[/yt]

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Okay... Well, I think I'd be able to fix the diff, but can't seem to find parts anywhere so that puts a damper on that.

I'm still interested in the gears though, but when I look them up they have two different 3.73s depending on the existing carrier you have. One for 3.40 and lower carrier and one for 3.73 and higher carrier. Are you able to tell which carrier this gear set is for?

Thanks!

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Yes they are for 3.42-down carrier. I had 3.08s before I got these.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sounds like you were in the same boat I'm in now... Consider the gear set sold.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Richmond 3.73 Ring & Pinion for GM 12-bolt Rear Axle SOLD! Thanks John, should have your tracking number tomorrow! :cheers:

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Richmond 3.73 Ring & Pinion for GM 12-bolt Rear Axle SOLD! Thanks John, should have your tracking number tomorrow! :cheers:

Thanks! I'll let you know what they look like when FedEx gets through tossing them across the country. :roflbow: I'm sure the truck will really like them when I finally get around to installing them. She's got pep now, but I'm expecting quite the kick in the butt dyno after this. :cheers:

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Here's a list of parts to start with, and a ballpark value. I'll know more what they're worth once I get them out and clean them up. Everything will require buyer to pay shipping:

3.73 Motive Gear ring & pinion for 73-87 Chevy front Corporate 10-bolt axle: $40
3.73 Richmond Gear ring & pinion for 73-?? Chevy rear 12-bolt axle: $50
Factory Limited Slip posi for 73-?? Chevy rear 12-bolt axle: $30

Factory Open carrier, complete with sides & spider gears, for 73-87 Chevy Corporate 10-bolt front axle: $25

Front Axle Shafts-
Inner long side: $40
Inner short side: $30
1- brand new outer stub shaft: $40
Other outer stub shaft is in bad shape, not for sale except as a trail spare for cheap.
Any combo of above, or all, make offer!!
Now offering the above with stub shafts and u-joints all together for the same price I had for the inner shafts alone!!

Rear Axle Shafts-
Each $20
Both $40
Both have perfect wheel studs, will include c-clips if you need them.

Dana Spicer locking front hub: $15
Front right spindle, hub/rotor assembly, calipers, caliper bolts, steering knuckles, cover+bolts: $Make Offer!!

Rear drums (like new), brake hardware, backing plates, complete parking brake system from pedal in cab, cables, brackets; cover+bolts: $Make Offer!
Updated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77MarshallR