crazy4offroad's for sale thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OK time to try to get more truck fundage! I cant find the particular driveshaft I need at all, so I'm going to part the front and rear 1/2 ton axles out and probably have to buy the 3" tube to make my driveshaft longer (more expensive than cutting a LWB d-shaft down). Here's a list of parts to start with, and a ballpark value. I'll know more what they're worth once I get them out and clean them up. Everything will require buyer to pay shipping:

3.73 Motive Gear ring & pinion for 73-87 Chevy front Corporate 10-bolt axle: $50
3.73 Richmond Gear ring & pinion for 73-?? Chevy rear 12-bolt axle: $65
Factory Limited Slip posi for 73-?? Chevy rear 12-bolt axle: $40
Factory Open carrier, complete with sides & spider gears, for 73-87 Chevy Corporate 10-bolt front axle: $30

Front Axle Shafts-
Inner long side: $40
Inner short side: $30
1- brand new outer stub shaft: $40
Other outer stub shaft is in bad shape, not for sale except as a trail spare for cheap.
Any combo of above, or all, make offer!!

Rear Axle Shafts-
Each $30
Both $50

Dana Spicer locking front hubs: $30
Front spindles, hub/rotor assemblies, calipers, caliper bolts, steering knuckles, cover+bolts: $Make Offer!!
Rear drums (like new), wheel cylinders, brake hardware, backing plate, complete parking brake system from pedal in cab, cables, brackets; cover+bolts: $Make Offer!!

I think you'd have better luck getting hits on this sale if you'd put a seperate ad titled properly in the For Sale section, rather than this misc. cluster fugg of several items. Also, you have these priced in parts. Does this mean its not assembled ready to bolt in? I think you'd have better luck selling them complete with the description of what's in them. I damn sure wish I was closer, I'd take them. Shipping kills the deal though. I only need the rear end for the 12 bolt and LSD upgrade, but I'd take the front too for a back up, cuz I know its only a matter of time, I'll break mine. Mine already has 3.73 gears so it'd be a great purchase for me.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I think you'd have better luck getting hits on this sale if you'd put a seperate ad titled properly in the For Sale section, rather than this misc. cluster fugg of several items.....

:lol:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
...Shipping kills the deal though...
THIS!!! ^^^ :lol:
They're fully assembled, but at this point I'm willing to part them out. I figured it would be easier to sell gear sets or other parts on here rather than the whole assemblies because only a couple people on here live close enough to pick up the whole axles. I was out there today working on the D60 when a guy stopped by and said he'd been lookin for my number, he was wanting to buy my front axle and a buddy of his was needing the rear. (He never showed me any money though lol) Talked my leg off, he still might buy them though, not sure.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
still have the 4.10 14FF gears?

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Sure do, just be aware the ring gear shows a little rust, I guess where one end of the ring gear was out of the oil for who knows how long, and has one tooth with a little chip. I can get better pics if you need.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
lets see some pics of the chip, not real concerned about the rust, but lets see it too.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I think the rust is shown in the pics of the gearset on page 1 of this thread, I'll get pics of the chip shortly.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
OK I just looked them over carefully and couldn't find a chip, I may have been thinking of the front 3.73 set from my old axles, from when the carrier exploded one tooth got chipped on them. But the rust is the same as shown on page 1, like the gears spent a good many years out of the oil.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Going to add this because I'm pretty sure I wont be going back to it. If I do go back to standard I would rather find the elusive A833. Anyway I'm selling my SM465 and NP205. NOTE: These are from a 1978 K10, heavily used OFFROAD truck. They will probably need rebuilt but were in fine working order when removed. Trans has the tendency to fall out of 3rd gear when you let off the throttle. Trans includes the t-case adapter (one bolt broken in the main mount will need removed), coupler and shifter. Transfer case will have a slip-yoke on the rear output and double cardan joint flange on the front output at the time of sale, as well as the shifter. They will also be pressure washed before pickup. $ON HOLD. Also included is the bellhousing.

Also have the lifetime warranty clutch disk and pressure plate that I can swap for new at Advance Auto day of sale, floor hump and a recently new flywheel (less than 10,000 miles on it, perfect teeth). I'll let those go for another $ON HOLD. (No pics yet)

Also have the clutch/brake pedal assembly (not removed yet) and clutch rod that goes through the floor, as well as the z-bar clutch linkage. Those I will sell for $ON HOLD. (No pics yet) Need more pics/info just PM me!!

All parts are for local pickup only, with maybe the exception of the clutch pedal assembly and z-bar linkage, or any other lighter weight items.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG00782.jpg
    IMG00782.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG00783.jpg
    IMG00783.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
FAAK, I need all that **** except the trans. I need to find out where you're at. My bro goes to PA occasionally. He said near some city in PA and some city in WV. He usually comes back with an empty flatbed. I think I remember some city he said Wheeler, and I think that was in PA? How close are you to Wheeler PA? I'd be interested in the Tcase, the Bell Housing, and clutch/brake pedals and linkage. Are you putting in an Auto Brake pedal? Are the pedals the same as 84 & 85? I'd imagine so. I'm sure I can come up with an Auto brake pedal for you.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ohh wait, I was thnking 32 spline, but NO, that is still the Racetrack pattern on the Tcase. I'd stll probably take it though, the price it right. Can you get a pic of the back side of the bell houseing? And does it have the threads for the Z bar pivot ball???

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Maybe he meant Wheeling, WV? Wheeler, PA is wayyyyyyy the **** away. Wheeling, WV is pretty far away too. Tell him if he's coming through Charleston, WV we could do this easy.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I looked at the back of the bellhousing, I dont think it is dual pattern, it only has one set of trans holes. It does have the pivot ball on the bellhousing, the pivot ball screws into the bellhousing I believe on a stud.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's OK, still get me pics of the bellhousing. I have a dual pattern bell here to use as a pattern and if that one is set up right, It'll be dual pattern when I'm done with it. It's not hard to drill and tap aluminum. Just want to make sure it's meaty enough.

I will clarify with my bro. I had asked him night before last cuz he had an emergency run to PA for a leaking Oil wellhead and he took off that night. I was wanting to see about throwing an axle on his truck for the PA member needing to borrow a 10 bolt 3.08 til he gets his 3/4 set up, but bro had to split immediatly. Long story short, he's back in town and didn't go. But he does go to PA about once a month, maybe every 6 weeks. I was hoping he might be close to some of you for moving parts to the East Coast or bringing some back. He drives a flat bed F 650 and it usually just has 2 or 3 big ass heavy valves about the size of refrigerators on his truck, so an axle for example fits no problem and is light weight considering. I figured if someone would be willing to give him $20-$25 for lunch money while he's out of town for his extra time to get things loaded and unloaded he'd probably move some **** for us. Sometimes he has another hand with him, so he probably woudln't be as willing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmf225