Coolant in cab?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sachmo

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350/sm465
After driving my truck in the rain the other day i saw the passenger side floor pan had water streaks and a small puddle. I figured it was rain water and let it go, but today on a clear day i saw the same thing. I put some on my finger tip and tasted it. It was sweet and definitely coolant. So my question is how hard is it to replace or fix the heater core, which i assume is what is leaking.

Kapdin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30, Scottsdale K20, Silverado C10, Silverado V10, Silverado V20
Engine Size
400ci, 350ci, 350ci, TBI 350ci, TBI 350ci
You know i just had the same problem a week ago. Drivin home from work and all of a sudden coolant starts drippin down on the passenger side floor. I was all kinds of confused so i figured it was the heater core or something but for kicks and giggles i poped the hood cus i had replaced thos hose's a few days ago. That was it i had pushed the bottom hose right up against the firewall and either i didn't tighten the clamp enought or else it backed off and it got hot and started shooting it throught the wall and into the cab and not a drop in the engine bay lol. Not sure if this helps or not just my 2 cents

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
You know i just had the same problem a week ago. Drivin home from work and all of a sudden coolant starts drippin down on the passenger side floor. I was all kinds of confused so i figured it was the heater core or something but for kicks and giggles i poped the hood cus i had replaced thos hose's a few days ago. That was it i had pushed the bottom hose right up against the firewall and either i didn't tighten the clamp enought or else it backed off and it got hot and started shooting it throught the wall and into the cab and not a drop in the engine bay lol. Not sure if this helps or not just my 2 cents

Same thing here...hose clamps were not tight enough, shot coolant in, and dripped on the floor. Tightened up, no problemo.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
When that happened to my truck it was a bad heater core too. My mechanic removed the two heater hoses under the hood and crimped the nozzles. This fixed the problem until I can get someone to install my new heater core for me (which has been sitting on a shelf for 3 years). Every mechanic I have tried to hire for this endeavor has backed out on me, so I can only guess at its difficulty level.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
When that happened to my truck it was a bad heater core too. My mechanic removed the two heater hoses under the hood and crimped the nozzles. This fixed the problem until I can get someone to install my new heater core for me (which has been sitting on a shelf for 3 years). Every mechanic I have tried to hire for this endeavor has backed out on me, so I can only guess at its difficulty level.

Compaired to all of the taures's I have done, your truck is a piece of cake. Just soldered up the core in my burb 2 months ago. was leaking at the pipe joints.

Sachmo

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350/sm465
So the hose clamps that attached to your heater core were loose? I dont have anything dripping under the hood. It must be a fairly small leak, as the radiator is still full. thanks for the input guys.

Kapdin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30, Scottsdale K20, Silverado C10, Silverado V10, Silverado V20
Engine Size
400ci, 350ci, 350ci, TBI 350ci, TBI 350ci
under the hood is the two hoses that run through you fire wall, they are clamped to tubes in the firewall. just make sure thos clamps at the firewall under the hood are tight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486