complete interior over haul!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
ok so when i bought my truck it had a worn down red interior that didnt go with the gloss black that i had painted the exterior so it ws time to redo it all.

unfortunatly i didnt even think to grab a picture of the interior before i completely tore it down but i have plnty of pictures now,

first thing is the cab im painting the floor with rustoleum bed liner because its tough it will last a while, unfortunatly one can wasnt enough like i thought it would be so i have to get more.

cleaning

You must be registered for see images attach

materials

paint as far as i got before i ran out

so for the seat me and my grandma are going to make a tight fitting full seat cover out of black vinyl and royal blue vinyl

alright now for the dash pad. tearing it completely down to metal and im going to use a half inch thick sheet of foam with spray on glue then it will be wraped in black vinyl im going to wrap it so that it eliminates the area that my cheyene trim piece goes because its broken and i dont forsee myself buying a new one ever so im just gonna get rid of it.

and this is my ghetto scraper to get the foam off

thats it for now, tomorrow im going to take my pop cans back and hopefully have enough to buy a can of black plastic paint for all my panels and hopefully ill have an update for you guys.

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
dashpad pics are out of order haha

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Way to dive into it!

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
looks good , the black rustoleum paint made a big difference my interior needs a update just not that brave

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
looks good , the black rustoleum paint made a big difference my interior needs a update just not that brave

yea the black was a major improvement, its actually not that hard haha im 17 with no cash haha im sure if i had the money id be able to do it in a weekend, so far im into it 10 bucks and will be maybe another 50 for everything (way over estimating to, i just need three more cans of paint 5 bucks each, and three yards of vinyl 6 bucks each some foam $4 and a can of spray glue $4) most of the work is cleaning and prep. i kinda just forced myself into it because if i had given it thought i might not have started. im finding its not as hard as i thought.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If I were you, at age 17 and living at home with the parents and not having any expenses, I'd be looking for a part time afternoon/evening job. Even $100 a week will go along way on a budget truck. Figure what you can do to that truck with $1200. Working 12 weeks, or 3 months will get you there.

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
If I were you, at age 17 and living at home with the parents and not having any expenses, I'd be looking for a part time afternoon/evening job. Even $100 a week will go along way on a budget truck. Figure what you can do to that truck with $1200. Working 12 weeks, or 3 months will get you there.

i live in a town with 3000 people in it haha not to mention in wine country theres literally no jobs and the jabs that exist are for the wine companys and you have to be 18, ive been looking for a jeb since i turned 14 its hard, right now im stuck doing odd jobs for people, when i turn 18 depending on how life is i might get a job at the steel mill with my dad. but yea 1200 could be all the custom suspension i have planned and a set of 35's i know what you mean haha

elstm3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
lynn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 crew cab dually
Engine Size
6.2 twin turbo diesel
Iv been there man, not having a job and having a car/truck project sucks. Just mow lots of lawns and collects lots o can and scrap metal.

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
got ten bucks for picking up some apples in a friends yard! going to walmart tomorrow to get two cans of black paint for plastics. going to paint all my interior panels. big update coming, also got some more done with the dash pics to come!

harv82

Reaction score
First Name
steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
starting young

be careful wheeler boy those old square bodys can get in your blood . no cure for the disease.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
be careful wheeler boy those old square bodys can get in your blood . no cure for the disease.

So true !!! :bowroflwerd6: But what better to be addicted to than Squarebodies for a 17yo? Much better than alcohol, drugs and crime. And with a truck, you'll always have plenty of ass to tear up too. Just be sure to use the glove of love, or you'll need a lot more squares and alot less money to spend on your truck.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
nice work, but I hope you used something other then truck bed coating after brushing the floors.

I highly doubt that stuff going to protect bare metal from rust. I know for a fact their reg. auto primer does NOT, their self etch may, I've used it on some things but nothing long enough to be outside in the elements for a real test of time.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
got ten bucks for picking up some apples in a friends yard! going to walmart tomorrow to get two cans of black paint for plastics. going to paint all my interior panels. big update coming, also got some more done with the dash pics to come!

Haha, good job!!

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

well ****, wish i knew there wasnt a cure before i bought the truck haha :roflbow: guess you could say im hooked to squares like a crack addict is hooked to the rock. :roflbow:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OMG !!! Did you say ****? Ate your age it's supposed to be poop. I'm telling your mom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogueakula