Chrome exterior body molding for 85 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaky
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Does the 3M Chrome body molding come pre-cut is there enough to go around the back of the tail light at the bottom if you don't have the aluminum piece?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You mean the big brushed aluminum panel that the Silverados had on the tailgate? The chrome went underneath them - mine's a Scottsdale (no purtee panels) but still has the chrome trim at the bottom.

I have seen the kits come pre-cut and u-cut-it both.

I was just looking at mine and not crazy about how the edges look. Its original but still looks like a lemming with lefty scissors cut it. Course....it was the quality of the 80s too.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Does the 3M Chrome body molding come pre-cut is there enough to go around the back of the tail light at the bottom if you don't have the aluminum piece?

You can look at LMC's videos about installing it. I think it's long enough and has to be trimmed if you use the corner pieces.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Randy Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaky
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Have you or anyone seen how the precut ones look do they look like they were cut pretty good, or are they not a clean-cut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny1981k1500