Cargo/ Tie down points

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Next on my "to do" list is to fit some tie down points or rope rails in the rear tub. Nothing imposing from the outside. I don't want to butcher a good tub. I was thinking of fitting a rope rail in the inner tub, made from a galvanized pipe with some flanges on the ends, and reinforcing the rail in the area of the centre of the wheel tub, to the top . I believe the long beds have an extra brace/gusset at this point. Here's what l am contemplating. What other ideas are out there.

You must be registered for see images attach

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Put some kind of "stopper" in different places along the top of the pipe to keep the rope or whatever from slipping back and forth??........ just thinking in my mind.....it will slip?

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I'm definitely keeping an eye on this. One of my biggest frustrations with a lot of vehicles designed to carry cargo is that they have no provisions to secure the cargo.

I've been kicking around a number of ideas involving U-bolts and screw eyes as attachment points, but haven't really dug into it in any serious manner yet. So I'm really open to exploring options.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
OK, so l made a start on some rope rails with 3/4" gal' pipe, so far so good. Made up the centre supports and mounted them, 2x 1/4" bolts at the top rail and 1x 3/8" bolt through the wheel tub, with a nut welded inside the support. Used a piece of 1/8" neoprene rubber between the support and the tub. Just need to finish off the end flange plates.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
looking good. be a money making idea to manufacture the pieces and sell them as a product ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man