carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsub

Reaction score
First Name
Gert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C10
Engine Size
hi guys,

as you now we drive overseas on LPG (liquid petrolium gas) and gasoline, mine '82 suburban did run great on two fuel's .

Now she only runs on LPG, when i put it on gasoline it runs great for 1 mile and than she starts smoking ,real black smoke an the engine turns of ?

I have a 350 engine with a Weber carter competition serie 9975s carburator ... anyone can help me out ?

thx from Belgium
Gert.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
We have some square body fire trucks here that were converted to LP and they never would run good on gas again after that. Not sure of the cause, I just know it's fairly common.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I know that the LP is the equal to a lot higher octane gas. I heard the number 120 octane mentioned but I don't know how true it is. That black smoke is unspent fuel going out your exhaust. You should probably pull the plugs and take a look at them after running the gas. I bet they are wet.

Over here in the US the companies reformulate the gas during the fall for winter use. I bet that it is the same over there as well. The gasoline is not the same throughout the year. You also might have just got some bad gas as well.

Gsub

Reaction score
First Name
Gert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C10
Engine Size
thx guys,

but the car did run Always great on fuel (gasoline), i was think of the choke valve because the black smoke ? it runs great for 1 mile, and then there is the smoke and the smell of fuel ....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06