Carb and vacuum line problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Honestly, it's really just an asthetics thing at this point the tubes off of the exhaust manifold are obtrusive and ugly. I'm thinking about installing some plugs into the holes if I can even remove the tubes, they're pretty rusty. If they give me trouble I'll just leave them on there.

That was only for hose routing when an egr is not used.

Ewhitaker0020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 5.0
I've made some progress on my truck. Not too much with the vacuum lines but I've got the carb tore apart and I'm working on cleaning it out. I finally found where I can buy that missing linkage for my secondary choke pull off to my secondary air flaps. It should be here some time this week and I'll finish putting the carb back together.

In the mean time I've changed out my spark plugs and plug wires. I changed out all the parts in my distributor to rebuild it. I removed most of the air stuff from the truck as it wasn't hooked up anyways. I didn't remove the air tubes coming out of the manifold, but I capped them off where the rubber hoses used to run across the engine.

I've figured out what most of the things on the vacuum diagram are and this week while I'm waiting on parts to come in I will start re-running all the vacuum lines. Even the ones that were on there were cracked in multiple places. I wanted to thank everybody for all their help so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg