Canyon Copper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Not sure what all that consternation for the last eight years was about; it's right there in the generic info packet from the Heritage Center:

This might not have been the issue here but you can't go by the noun name. You have to go by the numeric codes.

The naming is totally arbitrary and based on marketing. On a Chevy it might be "Black", but on a GMC it's "Tuxedo Black" and on a Cadillac it's "Black Diamond"*.

Just like "Hugger Orange" and "Carousel Red" are the same color.

K

*This actually happened. I made this analogy and then shortly thereafter I was over at the design studio reviewing something. They have these poster boards up on all the walls, showing the new models and what the target audience is, etc. They had a Cadillac up there and - sure enough - the color was called "Black Diamond". I was like "geez - I was just joking about that".

WebMonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^ yup.

try asking for indian bronze metallic paint outside of a small town and see where that gets ya.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86 squared