Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'd call that truck a restomod myself.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If I had my 'druthers, I'd be restoring a round eye truck...still thinking about swapping on the round eye front end on my 87'. Wouldn't be too hard, just want to make sure I do it right and install the anti-decapitators. :weld:

I'd be willing to bet at least half of the members wouldn't have a clue what half of this post means. ie. 'druthers and anti-decapitators. But of course some smart ass will come in and esplain it I bet. :shrug:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Preist at a guillotine? lol

That's not in reference to replaceing a front clip with a round eye. That's kinda my point. But at least you were the only one brave enough, or was it stupid enough to take a guess? Jus Kiddin, I'm sure it was brave enough.

Did you know hoods have a design to them to keep you from being de capitated in a hard frontal collision??? It's true. Notice in frontal collisions the hood goes up into and upside down V or Taco shape? Side view would look like this ^. That does that by design and it's to save severe injury to the occupants of the vehicle. This design may not even be part of the hood. It could be on the cowl, and most have a small section on both the hood and the cowl, or the hood and the inner side of the fenders, and even sometimes the hood and the firewall. And sometimes the designed pieces are bolted on and many times, people not knowing their purpose will take them off the vehicle thinking they have no purpose or not needed that they may have been a part used to just make the assembly line work well since there does happen to be those type of parts too. Think about what can happen to a hood in hard frontal collision if the hinge bolts to the hood were sheared off. The hood could come right thru the windshield like a big blade and slice a person in pieces. So this design has hood catches built into it, to stop the hood at the cowl so it can't go thru the windshield. Therefore, the hood crumples in a ^ shape instead of staying flat and coming thru the windshield.

May as well esplain " 'druthers " too I guess.

Instead of building my 87 with the OEM Square eyes, " I would rather " or " I'd rather " or " 'druther " install a round eye front clip. Red Neck slang if you will !?!?!

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
That's not in reference to replaceing a front clip with a round eye. That's kinda my point. But at least you were the only one brave enough, or was it stupid enough to take a guess? Jus Kiddin, I'm sure it was brave enough.

Did you know hoods have a design to them to keep you from being de capitated in a hard frontal collision??? It's true. Notice in frontal collisions the hood goes up into and upside down V or Taco shape? Side view would look like this ^. That does that by design and it's to save severe injury to the occupants of the vehicle. This design may not even be part of the hood. It could be on the cowl, and most have a small section on both the hood and the cowl, or the hood and the inner side of the fenders, and even sometimes the hood and the firewall. And sometimes the designed pieces are bolted on and many times, people not knowing their purpose will take them off the vehicle thinking they have no purpose or not needed that they may have been a part used to just make the assembly line work well since there does happen to be those type of parts too. Think about what can happen to a hood in hard frontal collision if the hinge bolts to the hood were sheared off. The hood could come right thru the windshield like a big blade and slice a person in pieces. So this design has hood catches built into it, to stop the hood at the cowl so it can't go thru the windshield. Therefore, the hood crumples in a ^ shape instead of staying flat and coming thru the windshield.

May as well esplain " 'druthers " too I guess.

Instead of building my 87 with the OEM Square eyes, " I would rather " or " I'd rather " or " 'druther " install a round eye front clip. Red Neck slang if you will !?!?!

And that was educational hour with GMSquareBody's own, HotRod! *audience applauds* :D

Really, though, that was rather useful or informative information. Kudos! Lol No sarcasm, I'm solemnly sincere.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Holy **** I just learnt sumptin, thanks HR.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And that was educational hour with GMSquareBody's own, HotRod! *audience applauds* :D

Really, though, that was rather useful or informative information. Kudos! Lol No sarcasm, I'm solemnly sincere.

Holy **** I just learnt sumptin, thanks HR.

I did say

I'd be willing to bet at least half of the members wouldn't have a clue what half of this post means. ie. 'druthers and anti-decapitators.

Not saying anyone would be stupid, but I really figured over half the members here wouldn't know foamy was referring to. I was trying to say, he's speaking over heads. One of these days, I'll try to get some pics of anti decapitators on squares.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Yeah, so be carefule when considering those hood support strips that LMC and a few others are selling.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yeah, so be carefule when considering those hood support strips that LMC and a few others are selling.

Keeping them hood hinges lubricated helps to keep them hoods from prematurely folding into the antridecapatation mode.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
In the later model squares, as in 81 and later squares, the Anti DeCap does happen to be part of the rear hinge.

See the hook? Notice the rib on the firewall that's running at what looks to be close to a 45 degree angle?
attachment.php

Now with the hood almost all the way closed, notice the location of the hook and imagine what would happen in a hard frontal crash. See the rib on the firewall? The hook catches the rib and the hood stops after traveling about an inch rearward.

attachment.php

Attachments

• HoodAntiDeCap 007.jpg
    HoodAntiDeCap 007.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 145
  • HoodAntiDeCap 005.jpg
    HoodAntiDeCap 005.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 141

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I like my explanation better.....

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Here's a pre-81' anti-decap device. These were also usually in the corners as well, I believe.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So the hood actually comes down over the top of those, and why they're adjustable huh???
Those 80< hoods seem to have no problem folding up. Not even sure they're needed. :laughing1:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size