Building Gauge Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nice looking but $900? :eek:

Almost all of them are pretty expensive. Dakota Digital is a couple hundred cheaper, but when you have $8k in engine, $2k in trans, more in lift, tires, stereo, blah blah blah, what's another couple hundred to get what I like?

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I like that you have a trans temp gauge. Are you just going to go without a tach? I'd like to have the trans temp but then I would need to run the GM Motorsports Fuel/Tach combo.

Trans temp is just as critical as coolant temp, especially if you're going to do any kind of pulling which is part of the intention of this build.. Lol and the tach I have up on the dash, not sure if it will stay there once I finish out the dash/gauge cluster but it just might have to since there's probably going to be another gauge or two in the mix along with the new mechanical speedo. And I know some don't like the tach on the dash, but that's where I've always put them except for on my old Z28, I had it down on the center console in front of the shifter. It grows on ya.. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Lostranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
Enjoying this thread. I've thought a good bit about how I want to handle gauges, and these posts are helpful.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok, its not a C/K dash but I built this for my toy and included idiot lights for turn signals, parking brake, brights, etc. I used proper sending units that were required for the gauge if needed, otherwise I tied into the factory harness using water tight type connectors.

You must be registered for see images attach

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The printed circuit can be eliminated

All the gauges , at least the one I have , have a tiny stud on the back that a barrel connector could be plugged onto

And you can buy tiny LED lights for gauge backlighting and indicators

Edward Koleman

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I’m looking into replacing the factory gauges with something like Equus or AutoMeter. My concern is with the wiring. How do I incorporate the turn signals, high beams, etc, with a new gauge installation? If I’m installing individual gauges into the bezel, it seems like I will lose the function of everything else. I’ve been trying to search for answers but not having much luck. Thanks for any help!

You will be reduced to doing what I essentially did. Only I used all my original gauges. I just did this in order to replace the printed circuit board.

View media item 7851

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8