Brake issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
K so the brakes on my 85 k10 are cauding me problems. The parts I replaxed already are the two rear wheel cylinders, brake booster, fluid, front calipers, and pads. The issue is that the rear drums are locking up and I have eneven braking in the front as I can feel the passenger side brake and pull to that side. Also after one day of driving the rear driver cylinder busted again, so ima replace it. The proportioning valve was reset and I feel as if thats my issue. What do ya think?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
K so the brakes on my 85 k10 are cauding me problems. The parts I replaxed already are the two rear wheel cylinders, brake booster, fluid, front calipers, and pads. The issue is that the rear drums are locking up and I have eneven braking in the front as I can feel the passenger side brake and pull to that side. Also after one day of driving the rear driver cylinder busted again, so ima replace it. The proportioning valve was reset and I feel as if thats my issue. What do ya think?

Is this issue new or has it been going on for a while?
What do you mean about the cylinder broke?

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
what do you mean the rear cylinder busted again? highdesertranger

chevy97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well I've only been driving the truck for the past month since its a working progress. What I mean by cylinder broke again, I meant its leaking again.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
more than likely a defective cylinder. brand new or rebuilt? highdesertranger

chevy97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Brand new

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
return it and get another. highdesertranger

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Yeah, I have also had them fail right out of the box. The brake fluid will make that brake grabby. Hose them off with plenty of brake clean, make sure your primary and secondary shoes are in the correct positions and that the rears are adjusted equally. On the fronts be sure you have them bled out really well and that the slides move freely.

chevy97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I forgot to mention that when bleeding, all other three lines burst out fluid like it supposed to but the driver wont squirt out fast just squirm a little fountain . And yes a return is in place for this up coming week

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I forgot to mention that when bleeding, all other three lines burst out fluid like it supposed to but the driver wont squirt out fast just squirm a little fountain . And yes a return is in place for this up coming week

If you are talking about the front brakes here then you at the very least need to replace the driver front hose because it may have a blockage. I would do both sides.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising