Brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sachmo

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
350/sm465
I had to replace the master cylinder on my truck a few weeks ago. Thing is when i got the new one on the brake lines did not fit in the previous spots.
the line that was in the front only fit into the rear spot and vice versa. I then had a wheel cylinder go bad 3 weeks later, so i replaced both of them. I cant get them to bleed now though. just a slow drip. Whats going on here guys? btw the old mc had gunky sludge in the bottom. if that has anthing to do with it
:help:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
First off if the lines didn't match the right ports it is the wrong part. Now I don't know exactly for sure if criss-crossing those lines is kosher, thought there was always a reason for them to be setup the way they are. If that is reversed I would think there would be something going wrong. I always believed the front brakes got more pressure or fluid pushed through than the rear, I could be wrong. That might have possibly be the cause of the wheel cylinder blowout and tripping the proportioning valve, hence not being able to bleed the rear line. I actually can't believe you didn't have any braking problems with those lines crossed like that, if that is what you did, I am just assuming here.

Chaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
350 tbi/th400/np241c
Or u could have clogged brake lines,,,,,the rubber extensions on the front sometimes go bad,,,,they look good but on the inside they collapse,,,,,Id make sure u have the correct master cylinder first,,,,,I think thy made the connectors diff sizes so you dont put them on backwards,,,,,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SquareInheretance