Bolo....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
...for a '69-75 K5 (full vert) or a K30 CC LB SRW.... Clean and as turn key as practical, somehting I would describe as a head turning DD, but not a show truck. Stock or modified, but not butchered...use the K5 in my sig as a reference for modified.

Budget is in the $10-12K range, this would include shipping to AZ or my cost to fly out and drive back.... I would prefer NOT to buy unseen so Im planning on driving back, so the closer to Phoenix the better. Therefor this thing must be road worthy and not a project!

Ive been searching the usual sites, CL and eBay, but if anybody in here sees something in their area please feel free to send me-post a link or something.

Will be out of town here and there the next few weeks, but would like to have something by mid Sept....NOT in a rush though, thats why Im posting this now, figuring a good 2-4 weeks to find what I want.

Would even consider "the right" CJ-7......

Thx.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Well guys, stay tuned.... Im gonna be ou tof town this weekend, going to San Diego for the Chargers MNF home opener against the Texans!!!

When I come back Im probably going to be heading back out the following weekend to look over a ride. Not going to say much, dont want to jinx it....or end up with my foot in my mouth, but Im really excited about this one and I think a few guys here are going to be a bit jealous if I pull the trigger.... :driver:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Most of the rigs I see listed from Texas seems to be the most rust free.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Well the Gov shutdown pretty much put the brakes on my purchase for now. Just cant justify buying a new toy when Im not sure when Im going to get my next paycheck....

Im still working, as Im considered "essential".....lol, just gonna have to go without a paycheck until the issue is resolved. Could be 2 days...could be 2 months.

Either way I was set to buy Evils' K30 LB CC SRW...... We had agreed to terms and I was going to fly up there last weekend, until the rumors of a shutdown started going crazy.

Im kinda bummed, but honestly I dont need a truck that big... Guess Ill start looking for something a bit smaller and cheaper.....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't think I'd let this shutdown scare you to much. The point that was to be made is now made and I think the babies will start serious negotiations now. All these sorry ass politicians, Especially the POTUS, should be fuggin ashamed of themselves. I give a weel or less and all will be up and running again and I have a strong feeling when it is worked out, anyone that was affected with time off work for furloughs will be compensated too. Maybe not 100% of their lost wages, but 50-66% or so at least. But anyway, that's all I'll say and keep the rest of my opinion to myself. We don't want to stat the political war conversation.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I was listening to the news about the government shutdown in between naps in my D10 Dozer today, sounds horrible.

You were gonna fly to Reno?! Man I wanna go to Reno to visit, its beautiful this time of year. That is a beautiful truck as well, I got that guy to join a while ago. If I recall things correctly he was getting a ration of **** on the 67-72 forum and I told him she should hang with us and he did, and we just happen to be from Reno also. Maybe I had already moved at that point, I cant remember now. I just remember he had a 600 horse power trail blazer and sold it before I got to ride in it.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
I don't think I'd let this shutdown scare you to much.

Oh, I'm not scared....just don't think it's the right time to spend that much $$$.....

There's a nice '78 K20 Burb, in New Mexico, that was on eBay a week ago that nobody bid on. I emailed the guy, he's going to re-list it..... I think he had it at $5800

I'll be keeping an eye on that auction, hoping it fails again....then I'll make an offer.

You were gonna fly to Reno?!

Yeah, it was pretty much a done deal.......I love that truck......even though I don't need anything near that big.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Oh, I'm not scared....just don't think it's the right time to spend that much $$$.....

There's a nice '78 K20 Burb, in New Mexico, that was on eBay a week ago that nobody bid on. I emailed the guy, he's going to re-list it..... I think he had it at $5800

I'll be keeping an eye on that auction, hoping it fails again....then I'll make an offer.

Yeah, it was pretty much a done deal.......I love that truck......even though I don't need anything near that big.

Got any pics. of the rig ??? or the posting ????

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
It was a pretty badass truck!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics