Body work for 77 K20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snappchevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys thinking about sending my 77 K20 in for some body work. It needs rockers, kick panels, fenders, hood, and the doors are beginning to rust at the base of them. Just wondering where I should get the metal for it. Original parts are hard to find where I’m at. Also I’m needing some vent windows so if anyone has any they are willing to part with then I’m interested. Just opinions on what you all would do because this is way too good of a truck to get rid of. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2327.jpeg
    IMG_2327.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4543.jpeg
    IMG_4543.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 48

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I would get whatever the shop that is going to do the work recommends...

The few patches I did on my truck were AMD, quality product and fit as good as could be expected.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
sorry I didn't see this one sooner.

Anyway, years back I found a guy on craigslist that deals with aftermarket body parts. His prices are about 5% more than online, but he delivers (meets you at a close common ground) for free. You'd be surprised, check craigslist to see whats in your area. He may be the same person taking those same parts to local body shops that charge more for them.

What part of TN? My guy is all over the place, but you may have a to wait a bit.

snappchevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sorry I didn't see this one sooner.

Anyway, years back I found a guy on craigslist that deals with aftermarket body parts. His prices are about 5% more than online, but he delivers (meets you at a close common ground) for free. You'd be surprised, check craigslist to see whats in your area. He may be the same person taking those same parts to local body shops that charge more for them.

What part of TN? My guy is all over the place, but you may have a to wait a bit.
Tri-cities area. Bristol, Kingsport, johnson city.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
not sure how far he goes but his # is 859-324-5616, his name is Jeremy. Give him a holler during business hours. After one dealing with him, I just text him for pricing/delivery. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was out that way often.

As for product, I've gotten floor panels n such, fenders, complete bedsides, inner fenders, and a buddy got a tailgate and a few other things. No complaints with fitment. When I got the complete bedside, I didn't know what to look for with shipping damage and what not. At Hardees parking lot (delivery location lol) we pulled them out of the box and he showed me what to look for in regards to damage and quality.

Awesome Guy

Forgot to mention, it's pay on pick-up, so when he shows up....you need to be there to pick it up or it could delay things.

He is very responsive and will give accurate times when it gets within a few hours.

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
it's late but I shot him a text to expect a call or text from you.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Tri-cities area. Bristol, Kingsport, johnson city.
UPDATE unless it's a large body part your not gonna save anything as he doesn't get out that way. You'd have to meet in the London, KY area.

Still give him a call/text so you can compare online/shipping and his price to London, KY

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad