body panel wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
im preping my drivers door for paint and there was 1 low spot that i poped out the best and filled. but after 3 coars of thick high build you can still see the waves in the panel and feel them. how should i correct this. iv been teching my self body

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
need a flat sanding block, or sometimes called long block, that way you can block it down. You sand in an x pattern, like top left to bottom right then top right to bottom left, once you see some metal showing on either side or one side that's your high spots, you can then fill in th elows, block it again until it comes out nice and flat.

Mostly what you do is once the filler is on and you get most of it sanded down you use guide coat, which is like a powder, they have rub on and spray on, this leaves a misted black, kinda half sprayed look, you block this with a finer grit like say 180 or something 150 220 etc. You can then see when the guide coat comes off the highs and lows, at this stage you can refill with filler, maybe glazing putty since it's not as thick, or even high build primer, then repeat until it's coming out flat and smooth.

77Chevy

Reaction score
First Name
77K10
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
If u wanna learn alot bout body work go on Youtube and search diy auto school, strange dude but he explains it well and knows his **** learned a lot for all the vids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68