Body lift swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
okay I bought this project 84 K10 short bed, it has a suspension and body lift. I want to replace the body lift, so do I buy a set of bolts and bushings what would you guys suggest. I’m almost 66 yrs old and don’t want to mess my back up trying to get in this thing, I don’t need a monster truck just never had a lifted truck before and want to set it up right. Thanks for your help

You must be registered for see images attach

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, if you are taking out the body lift, I would just buy new body mounts and a set of bolts/nuts/washers. Unless the existing body mounts are it great shape. I only suggest the body mounts since you're there removing the body lift, why not replace the mounts at the same time.

If you are just swapping the body lift for another, it will be a case of how bad of condition the bolts are in now.

I personally have never liked the look of a body lift, so I would just remove it.

BTW, I think someone stole your eng/trans/tcase…

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

That picture was taken when the engine was setting crossways I have recently got it setting on the motor mounts but will be exchanging it for the running gear out of an 87 Suburban

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The body lift is new but homemade I’ll be removing the front clip soon to start the engine swap, may just tear it down to the frame to make it easier, got to replace the lift anyway. Maybe pull the bed and move the cab to the back to get the running gear installed we will see.
Would you suggest any particular brand or type of body mounts?

Nonstop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
What do you want out of the truck? Are you bringing it back to stock height, or leaving the suspension lift on? I ask because with stock height and springs, you will LIKELY have the best ride, unless you are investing in for your soft aftermarket lift springs. So with that, if you are looking for a soft ride, I would go rubber. If you are looking to firm it up and lose a little ride quality, you may consider going with aftermarket polyurethane. It comes down to what your long term plan is with the truck.

Edward Maxwell

Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I am planning on a 1 inch body lift and a 1 inch axle offset as my 35’s make contact, peeled the wheel well trim. I am told there is a trim piece kinda like a block that fills the gap so you can’t see it in the wheel wells. My bumpers are adjustable, I’m hoping it all looks right.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Welcome to GMSB from Virginia
Got any pictures of your ride?

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Okay I have installed the engine transmission and transfer case, and removed the body lift. I have the bed setting on the frame and things aren’t lining up Is there a bushing between the rear cab mounts and the frame?

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
A shot of the new engine

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yes there's a metal cup with a bushing that sits on top of the frame and a cupped washer and bushing under the frame and bolt going thru them all. It's the same for the front cab mounts and then you have the radiator support ones as well.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I took off a 3” piece of round steel with a hole in it from between the cab and bed, so you are saying there is a piece of rubber that goes between where I took these pieces of steel on the cab bed and core support. I have the rubber pieces that are under the frame a round piece with another one like a washer that goes over that with a big washer then the bolt.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
This is what I think needs to go under the core support

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The square mount (in picture above) was in a box I got with the truck is that what goes under the bed or the back of the cab on the inside behind the seat?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne